Alternate Simlish: Simlish Scramble & Square Dance
Uploaded 18th Jun 2016 at 12:42 AM · Updated 18th Jun 2016 at 3:10 AM by Franzilla
Many of characters in Simlish Scramble are based on random Simlish seen floating around Sims 3. Square Dance is basically a slightly altered, blocky version of Simlish Scramble. It does have a set of lowercase letters to correspond to those in Simlish Scramble, but I personally believe the font looks better in all capital letters. (See the bottom line of the Square Dance preview pic)
They both include basic A-Z, a-z, 0-9 and various punctuation and currency symbols. The only additional characters I've included in these are: Ææ (ash), Àà (Aa with grave accent), Çç (Cc with cedilla), Éé (Ee with acute accent), Èè (Ee with grave accent), and Ññ (Nn with tilde). However, if you would LIKE to see additional characters such as those in my previous fonts , just let me know with a comment or PM!
I'm still new to creating fonts, so while I tried to adjust the kerning between characters, you may still have to adjust the spacing yourself.
The sample text at the bottom of the preview pics reads:
OMG, what the pl*m?! || 23 January 1992 || I <3 The Sims!
Franzilla quickly jots down her list of sixty-five bad pangrams.
A shy pink quail flew over the jinxed cyborg maze.
Cover Egyptian jukeboxes with frozen denim quilts.
Size: 15.5 KB · Downloads: 1,305 · 18th Jun 2016
|15.5 KB||1,305||18th Jun 2016|
Size: 8.6 KB · Downloads: 1,406 · 18th Jun 2016
|8.6 KB||1,406||18th Jun 2016|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see:
About Me & My Policy
Just your average 20-something loser who recently rediscovered her love for The Sims. :)
My Font Policy of Sorts:
Don't re-upload my fonts anywhere. (Why would you want to?).
Don't claim them as your own. (Again, why?)
Credit for them is rad, but not necessary. I'd love to see what you use them for though! Just let me know. :D I also track #franzilla and #franzillasims. (on Tumblr)