Glasstop NeonBar (Unintentional Mod #1)
Updated: 1st Apr 2017 at 8:02 AM
This bar came about while learning how to create an edge-lit glass top for a desk. I've always liked the idea of the NeonBar, but hated its garishness. It needed remeshing so my Sim could be proud to serve his guests tasty beverages. The neon was moved to the countertop and resized until it was an accent instead of a glaring eyesore. Put in a little glass, and voila - glasstop neonbar. To make it more interesting, I moved the glow mesh up to the countertop and recolored/reshaped it. Also added a 30° slot down by the blender so I could place a lamp for the bartender to see his work while in a dark noisy juice bar.
Some technical info:
All textures are EAxis, except for the gold patina and wooden countertop - generated by myself with Genetica Viewer and Wood Workshop (both by Spiral Graphics)http://spiralgraphics.biz/products.htm
GUID-d5860080, face count-1811, in-game price-2100, Catalog placement- Miscellaneous>Party
Known Issues: nothing serious, but a few notes:
You must press "M" key to access the extra slot.
If you place the bar at a 45° diagonal, the left countertop slot drops to the ground. (This really freaked me out for a minute- then I realized that the same thing occurred with the original EAxis version, as well. A project for another time.)
I removed the dirty/clean state textures, because 1) they're ugly - EAxis inverted the UVmap or something on the shadow and 2) I can't figure out how to make them work correctly (yet ).
Tools used: SimPE, Blender 2.77, GIMP, Gentica Viewer, Wood Workshop, UV Mapper
Game Requirements Nighltlife
DOs: Please recolor this mesh to your heart's content. Use in lots, pictures, whatever you wish. I only ask that you credit me for the mesh and provide a link to this page.
DON'Ts: Do not post this mesh anywhere but this MTS page or claim my work as your own. That would really hurt my feelings, as well as forever branding you as a not-very-nice-person.
shadows - 22
glass - 192
fridge - 624
counterfinish - 951
glasstop - 12
lucite - 32
I'm extremely grateful for the MTS Community(thanks, Delphy) - if it weren't for all the great tutorials and helpful comments in the forums, I don't know if I could have figured any of this out. Thanks to Quaxi et al for SimPE. Numenor for... well, for pretty much everything. Frillen for sharing transparency knowledge , HugeLunatic for the slots tutorial
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Description: A bar that illuminates the crotch? No, thanks. Daedalus Industries engineers prefer their lights where it really matters - on their 'poured, not blended' juice beverages. They don't want to miss a drop. To protect the neon, and just because we think it looks cool, we added a glass top. Our unofficial motto: "At Daedalus, we'll slap glass on anything!" mesh by dARE
* The following information shares where to find it in buy-mode, any buffs/moodlets they get from it and what it can be used for!
Size: 587.2 KB · Downloads: 293 · 1st Apr 2017
|587.2 KB||293||1st Apr 2017|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
I don't mind if you include any of these meshes with your lots**, as long as you provide a link to the original MTS page for the mesh. Posting my mesh on any site by itself, or claiming it as your own work, would be considered rude and a breach of my trust and love for you as a fellow simmer.
**Above policy does not apply to Remote Control Thing - it contains an NPC that could possibly corrupt a neighborhood when removed, and I doubt that downloaders would appreciate something like that hidden in a downloaded lot.