dARE's CurvyDesk - Three-tile modern desk
When it comes to desks, I personally like lots of cubbyholes, shelves, hidden compartments, drawers, pencil slots, ink wells... any storage nook and cranny you can think of, I want it in my desk. That just shows my age, say some - the new style is bare, transparent, clean. I agree it looks nicer in some aesthetically pleasing ways, but what if I need to scribble out a mesh idea, take some measurements, make some notes? Drawers are the answer - I can't give up my pencil, paper, ruler, highlighter, etc., but I can keep them neatly tucked away.
So this is my attempt at a more modern, clean-looking desk. That I added drawers to in a panic.
There are 4 slots: one in the center of each tile on the desktop, and one extra deco slot on the lower drawer that can be used for a small plant or candle or whatever decoration /clutter you want. Please enjoy.
some technical info: cloned from Chiclettina Execudrone Desk(basegame), in-game price - 888, all textures are Maxis-manipulated in GIMP 2.8, 1388 faces
Computers only work in the center tile, for now.
SimPE, Blender 2.77, GIMP 2.8.22
shadows - 8
glasstop - 108
base - 424
desktop - 828 (drawers, posts, & handles)
Thanks to the MTS community for all the resources and helpful folk, and to Delphy for holding it all together.
To Quaxi et al for
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Description: The designers here at Daedalus Industries got tired of adding shaded glass to cheap tables and calling them desks. Seriously, do the pretentious snobs who started that trend really think the consumers can't see right through them?** Nor did they want to return to the boxy designs of yesteryear. Instead, they came up with this hybrid - sleek glasstop work surface, curves to capture the eye, and a return to actual storage spaces (drawers). mesh by dARE **(Further research indicates that consumer savvy is at an all-time low and no, they cannot tell the difference between a markup scam and a legitimate trend. Nontheless, we still have something of a corporate conscience, so we will continue to give our customers their simoleons' worth.)
* The following information shares where to find it in buy-mode, any buffs/moodlets they get from it and what it can be used for!
Size: 206.8 KB · Downloads: 5,075 · 2nd Jun 2017
|206.8 KB||5,075||2nd Jun 2017|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
I don't mind if you include any of these meshes with your lots**, as long as you provide a link to the original MTS page for the mesh. Posting my mesh on any site by itself, or claiming it as your own work, would be considered rude and a breach of my trust and love for you as a fellow simmer.
**Above policy does not apply to Remote Control Thing - it contains an NPC that could possibly corrupt a neighborhood when removed, and I doubt that downloaders would appreciate something like that hidden in a downloaded lot.