Autumn Colour Seasonal Shrubs
These shrubs were cloned from a tree as usual, to make them fully seasonal. However, I gave them an untrimmed graphic and converted them from the tree semiglobals to the shrub semiglobals, to make them behave in exactly the same way as the in-game shrubs. They periodically require trimming, and will tank the garden score and spawn weeds if neglected. They can also be "used" and I have made this autonomous for pets in a similar way to Icad's mod. I only saw this autonomous action once in testing, so hopefully it won't become too annoying.
I have also given the choisya a non-autonomous "smell flowers" interaction, similar to my lavender. This is only available in the spring, when the plant is in flower. It will raise comfort and fun scores slightly.
Because they use the semiglobals, these shrubs will be affected by mods which alter the semoglobal BHAVs and BCONs. I have tested them with Cyjon's Trim Inaccessible Bushes mod and it works (picture included). They do have a custom TTAB however, so mods like Icad's autonomy mod won't affect them, although I have incorporated it into them. If your Sims hire a gardener, they will tend to these shrubs along with the others.
These plants are available in Garden Center/Shrubs and cost $60 each. They are both recolourable, using Gwenke's tutorial on Sims2Artists and have their own low poly Hood View scenegraphs.
Warning - High Poly
The highest poly counts are for the "in flower" meshes. For the fuchsia these are trimmed 2419 untimmed 2551 vertices. For the choisya these are trimmed 1443 untrimmed 1681 vertices. For comparison purposes, the in-game shrubs Blue Tinged Hydrangea has 2122/2392 vertices and The Literal Rose has 1095/1424 vertices, so this is not out of line with them. The Hood View meshes have only 56 vertices.
As usual, I have used photo textures, and the picture attributions are under the spoiler.
Choisya Flowers https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/...nata_2004-2.jpg
Choisya Spring 1443/1681
Other seasons 675/913
Fuchsia Spring 2017/2149
Winter (all) 1289/1421.
Simpe, Blender, Paint.net and the creators of all the cool tools and useful tutorials that enable us to make our own stuff.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Description: Made by Aysarth
Description: Made by Aysarth
Size: 290.0 KB · Downloads: 1,553 · 23rd Oct 2019
|290.0 KB||1,553||23rd Oct 2019|
Size: 450.2 KB · Downloads: 1,546 · 23rd Oct 2019
|450.2 KB||1,546||23rd Oct 2019|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.