A Bunch of Roses
So, this is my remake of The Literal Rose for us Seasons fans. It comes in two forms - shrub and standard - and has seven colour options. I have also swapped the flower mesh for the higher poly mesh from the Smooth Talk social accessory rose, so be warned that the overall poly count is higher. Details are given below.
As these roses were originally cloned from a tree, they have separate states (both trimmed and untrimmed) for each season as well as snowy states. However, they use the shrub semiglobals, so any mods you have that affect the semiglobals should work on these as well. They need to be trimmed and can be "used". They also smell good, at least in Summer and Autumn, when there are full-blown roses on the bush. A gardener should take care of these rosebushes along with the standard shrubs in your garden.
In the spring, these roses have bright, new green foliage and rosebuds. In summer, the buds open and new ones form. In autumn, the leaves have turned brown and just a few late roses hang on. In winter, the roses are bare.
I have included all the original Maxis recolours with two extra - Tequila Sunrise and Blush.
Another advantage of cloning a tree is that these roses have their own Neighbourhood View scenegraph instead of the generic green blob shared by the Maxis shrubs. In the image below, the blobs against the house walls are the Maxis rosebush.
The rosebushes are found in Garden Center/Shrubs and cost $100, the same as the original rosebush.
Detailed poly counts are under the spoiler.
Shrub rose Spring: Trimmed 1,642 Untrimmed 1,822
Shrub rose Summer: Trimmed 2,212 Untrimmed 2,392
Shrub rose Autumn: Trimmed 1,167 Untrimmed 1,347
Shrub rose Winter: Trimmed 196 Untrimmed 274
Standard rose Spring: Trimmed 1,907 Untrimmed 2,087
Standard rose Summer: Trimmed 2,477 Untrimmed 2,657
Standard rose Autumn: Trimmed 1,432 Untrimmed 1,612
Standard rose Winter: Trimmed 346 Untrimmed 424
For comparison, the Maxis rose has 1,095 vertices trimmed and 1,424 vertices untrimmed.
Detailed in main text under the spoiler.
Maxis, Simpe, Paint.Net, Blender, UVMapper.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
|Filename||LittoralRose.package (inside Shrub.rar)|
|Title||The Littoral Rose|
|Description||Remade by Aysarth|
|Filename||StandardRoseBump.package (inside Standard.rar)|
|Title||The Standard Rose|
|Description||Remade by Aysarth|
Size: 2.23 MB · Downloads: 2,026 · 16th Apr 2020
|2.23 MB||2,026||16th Apr 2020|
Size: 2.23 MB · Downloads: 2,104 · 16th Apr 2020
|2.23 MB||2,104||16th Apr 2020|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.