Handheld Game Default Replacement
Uploaded 23rd Apr 2021 at 3:19 PM · Updated 1st May 2021 at 9:09 AM by vegan_kaktus
I re-made the buttons so they’re now in simlish and re-mapped the mesh a bit. The default replacement is red&blue, but I’ve included a grey recolor inside the download. If you want to use the grey recolor, you have to install jacobaoconnor’s CEP-extra for the handheld game. (The is now included in my download. Thank you! :-D) If you don’t care for it to be recolorable, only install vegankaktus_DEFAULThandheldgame. The default replacement and recolor goes in your downloads folder as usual. Also, Meduza shared a fix for the handheld game here (scroll down) which I highly recommend downloading :-)
This default requires University and remember you can only have one default replacement for the handheld game in your downloads folder at a time. All files have been compressed to reduce file size. If you run into any issues, let me know!
Edit: I also recommend downloading Graverobber’s vendingkoisk fix here! It’s the file called “GR_DefaultVendingKioskFix.package” you want :-) otherwise the vendingkoisk will look a bit weird with my default installed :-)
Edit #2: Me and yosarna-sims discovered that if you have Pineappleforest’s water tub (the BV repo’d one) in your game, my default is flashing blue. Pineappleforest has fixed their file now though (thank you! :-D) so if you’re using their BV repo’d water tub, you should re-download it.
Edit #3: Meduza has updated their custom cellphone mod to include my default as a custom handheld game! Thank you! :-D I also forgot to mention that as seen in Meduza’s post, my switch is nearly below ground level when placed. I unfortunately don’t know how to fix this, but you can grab it if you zoom in :-)
Credits: Apples (dead link) for the mesh, ported by Fatalitysonic2, converted to ts2 by wyxii and jacobaoconnor for the :-)
The following custom content is included in the downloadable files:
| Default replacement for the handheld game.
Size: 452.8 KB · Downloads: 2,527 · 24th Apr 2021
|452.8 KB||2,527||24th Apr 2021|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.