Venitian Gondola - Part3
Uploaded 10th Sep 2006 at 3:32 AM · Updated 21st Nov 2006 at 5:10 PM by hexameter : New game expansion pack Pets
This is the driveable version of the gondola. It needs Nightlife!
Already some weeks ago I offered to make a Venician Gondola for the project "Downtown Venice" that was started at that time by Bluetexasbonnie. More information to this project here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=169680
I think this version of the Venitian gondola would look odd in an normal neighbourhood. Therefore I suggest to use it in a waterworld.
You can get it here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=169909
or click this link: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=167299
This object is a clone of a car! It works like a car, so don't be surprised by the functions of this object! If you don't like that don't download this version!
After installation to your download folder you can find it in game within the car collection.
Statistics: faces - 3 484; vertices - 4083
When I had the idea to make a gondola I didn't expect that there were to follow more details than I thought. The Venician craftsmen developed a type of ship with several charactoristic features. I did some research and found a web-site of the American Thom Price (unfortunately the link to this site is broken). He described how a Venician gondola is built.
The mesh for the Sims2-game is a compromise because the mesures of the boat wouldn't fit very well in the game. I hope it looks in spite of this well enough. (length:width=11,05m:1,42m)
This object may be used by lotbuilders, but please don't upload to the Exchange! Please don't make recolours of the ship's body, because there exists an old Venician law that determines that gondolas have to be black! Of course you can try to change the decoration.
Have pleasure with it!
Remark: If you installed Pets this file will work correctly! I'll test the position of the animals as soon as possible!
Credits to Quaxi for Credits to Numenor for (http://www.numenor-moddings.com)
Credits to Thom Price, Gondola builder in Venice, Italy
Mesh handmade by hexameter
Thanks to Maxis for the game and the original object
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Description: This traditional boat is used in Venice until today. Go for a sightseeing tour and enjoy the surroundings of the old city! (hexameter, September 2006) Credits to Numenor for CEP (http://www.numenor-moddings.com)
* The following information shares where to find it in buy-mode, any buffs/moodlets they get from it and what it can be used for!
Size: 898.0 KB · Downloads: 9,208 · 10th Sep 2006
|898.0 KB||9,208||10th Sep 2006|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Some remarks to use my objects:
I spend many(!) hours of work on my vehicles and the meshes are handmade from scratch. Therefore don't claim them as your's if you clone the mesh or use it as a base. You have my permission to do so. I'm convinced that these things are made to be used. So, add a simple note within the object description, that's enough and hopefully not a hard restriction.
There might be some special rules on single objects for special reasons. Please respect them! - Thank you.