Uploaded 9th Mar 2008 at 5:19 PM · Updated 15th Mar 2013 at 10:03 PM by hexameter
by Dragon Slave & hexameter
The second of some horse drawn carts will override the original NPC schoolbus and will give your neighbourhoods of past days a more realistic look.
The object uses Dragon Slave's beautiful Friesian horse.
In the end of the 19th century larger cities came up with buses. As motor vehicles were in the beginning development at that time the buses were drawn by horses of course. This replacement of the schoolbus was made in the style of horse buses used in 1889.
The horse-bus is prepared to use custom sound that is already available here:
The wheels spin smoothly, the driver's position is correct and it worked without problems in my tests. The horse is not animated.
For the passengers I used the original animations when they enter the bus. These animations don't fit perfectly to the stairway of this vehicle but it comes close to it and works as well.
Here I had to compare the relation of time to the effect and decided this way.
Install as usual extracting the *.rar-file to your downloads. To hear the correct sound don't forget to download the sound package. It's the same one that comes with the updated hansom "Rendezvous". So if you already got it you are complete. If you don't like to have the sound it will work as it is. If you want to have the original bus back simply delete this package and all is done.
The complete object covers about 18 to 20 tiles.
Nightlife is necessary to use this vehicle.
I hope to finish some more of these replacements but this will take some time, so enjoy for now this one, too, if you like it.
Note, as this is teamwork, have please a look at the policy of Dragon Slave if you want to use this vehicle for your purposes.
Dragon Slave: http://www.modthesims2.com/member.php?u=141051
Faces: 23 136 (1285 per tile);
vertices: 15 039 (835 per tile)
Quaxi and the developers of Numenor for his Basegame Starter
Shaklin for sharing her knowhow of making custom sound packages
To all the eager writers who built the database of tutorials on MTS2
Last but not least Dragon Slave, thank you!
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Description: O-schoolbus-vehicleschoolbus-[hexameter-19. 1. 2008-e2f35]---loop
Size: 835.6 KB · Downloads: 18,004 · 9th Mar 2008
|835.6 KB||18,004||9th Mar 2008|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Some remarks to use my objects:
I spend many(!) hours of work on my vehicles and the meshes are handmade from scratch. Therefore don't claim them as your's if you clone the mesh or use it as a base. You have my permission to do so. I'm convinced that these things are made to be used. So, add a simple note within the object description, that's enough and hopefully not a hard restriction.
There might be some special rules on single objects for special reasons. Please respect them! - Thank you.