Fintastic Fishing Arcade Game With Custom Videos!
Updated: 14th May 2009 at 12:29 PM
This arcade game even has its own custom videos that play when a Sim uses it! Well, would you want to see a machine depicting one game but playing a different one?
^click for a bigger pic^
The game costs $1,050 just like the University originals and can be found in the catalogue under the Electronics > Entertainment sort. It provides a fun rating of 6.
Place the 'MM_arcade_fishing.package' file into your regular Downloads folder or subfolder.
Place the 'mm-arcade-fishing' INI file in the following directory: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 University\TSData\Res\Movies\Games\INI
Place the six .avi video files into; C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 University\TSData\Res\Movies\Games\Arcade
*'C:' is the drive onto which you have installed your game.*
Installation instructions are also provided in the ReadMe file.
Do not upload this file onto any other site, pay or free. I spent many hours building the lot, filming and editing the videos and recolouring the machine.
Music used is 'Dance of the Leaves' by SkippyFox from Newgrounds.com and follows their usage policy. Other sounds are by MAXIS/EA.
If you would like other custom arcade games then Winsyrstrife has created three here on MTS and Paladin has a huge selection over at simwardrobe.com found under Sims 2>Objects>Arcade Games.
Many thanks to them. Looking at their machines helped me to figure out how to make my own.
Exactly the same as the MAXIS/EA original.
Paladin from SimWardrobe for his custom arcade machines,
Winsyrstrife for thier custom arcade machines,
SkippyFox at Newgrounds.com for the music 'Dance of the Leaves',
Gramps, Pops and Junior for starring in and testing the game.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
| arcade machine, videos and INI file.
Size: 3.75 MB · Downloads: 3,997 · 2nd Mar 2009
|3.75 MB||3,997||2nd Mar 2009|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
The creator also recommends the following uploads:
For a full list of packs with names, see the Packs Needed popup.