MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...
by Miuki Posted 10th Oct 2011 at 9:44 AM - Updated 2nd Jun 2014 at 1:34 PM by Miuki : making install instructions more clear
1,032 Thanks Thanks 231 Favourited
Aspen Islands are situated far from Sunset Valley shores, it is a group of four islands with moderate climate and abundance of aspen and birch trees. They were first inhabited at the beginning of the 20th century. Most dwellers were fishermen and retired sailors, as island's waters had plenty of fish and its sloping banks enough taverns and beaches. Originally, only one island of four was colonized, its lands supplied sims with enough produce and fish. With the inflow of new residents new islands had to be occupied, thus the industrial and later suburbian part of the isles were connected to main one with bridges and roads. Today it is a balanced and peaceful community with laidback style of life.
- EP: World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night (patch version 6.081.009)
- SP: No items from SPs used, but I suggest rockabilly radio station for tattoo parlour and dive bars
- CC: No custom content used, except custom terrain paints and road textures (come with the world file)
- Map Size - Large
- Spawn Points - All base game spawners used, plus several from LN and WA
- Routing - Sims can go almost everywhere except steep terrain and decorative islands, the edges of the map are painted camera non-routable
- Layering - 9 layers total
- Textures - About 10-12 textures per chunk in general, does not cause lag
- Total number: 131 lot (Community 54/ Residential 77)
- Rabbitholes and Community Lots: All rabbitholes and community lots up to Late Night, including all kinds of bars, plus several empty lots suitable for upcoming Pets (40X40 and 60X60 lots)
- Residential Lots: Lots with houses 48/ Empty lots 29
- Sizes of lots:
COMMUNITY LOTS FOR PETS AND GENERATIONS - GET THEM HERE
THE LATEST LATEST VERSION OF ASPEN ISLANDS WITH CONTENT FROM ALL EP'S (EXCEPT IF) CAN BE DOWNLOADED HERE .
- Make a folder somewhere you can easily find
- Download all the files to the folder you just created
- Right click on the first file and select "Extract here..."(WinRar option)
- When prompted, choose the next file by finding it the folder they are in and manually selecting the next file asked for
- Repeat the procedure until all files are extracted
- Copy the sims3pack and move it to your documents/Electronic arts/Sims 3/Downloads
- Install as a regular sims3pack file
NOTES AND KNOWN ISSUES
- First ten comments show examples of community and residential lots
- Transportation time may be an issue for cheap cars and taxis, use subways, disguised as ferry stations.
- When you start a new game save it and exit to the main menu so that fog emitters show proper effects.
- Effects in clubs are randomized and there's nothing I can do about it, you should set them yourself.
- Give couple of days for spawners to spawn.
- Ghosts tend to drive around instead of staying quietly in their graves.
CREDITS AND THANKS
This world would've never been uploaded without your help, feedback and encouragement - Gabrymato, Zandvoort, Deluxe Designs, SimmyRN, kattenijin, Nightlight, Mr.Fry, Demagog, simsample, Bchbch Walk, rian90, Miko09, kiwi_tea, Linarina, Rileyjcquinn, Myshia, hudy777DeSign, Lennon7777777, scoopy_loopy, Dasila, SommarBlomma, RylandHomes, lorenrose1013, jedi_waffle.
A huge thanks to simsample for tutorials and Various Objects Enabled for CAW , Ashillion for custom roads and Martine for wonderful terrain textures.
All MTS world creators and builders - for inspiration and tutorials.
MTS - for being such a great site.
Size: 6.21 MB · Downloads: 10,242 · 10th Oct 2011
Size: 9.00 MB · Downloads: 11,258 · 10th Oct 2011
Size: 9.00 MB · Downloads: 14,080 · 10th Oct 2011
Size: 9.00 MB · Downloads: 10,892 · 10th Oct 2011
Size: 9.00 MB · Downloads: 10,572 · 10th Oct 2011
Size: 9.00 MB · Downloads: 10,619 · 10th Oct 2011
Size: 9.00 MB · Downloads: 11,050 · 10th Oct 2011
Size: 9.00 MB · Downloads: 12,290 · 10th Oct 2011
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents