Hollow Bee Tree
Uploaded 9th Mar 2015 at 3:32 AM · Updated 19th May 2015 at 7:00 PM by Nylaba
I took the hollow tree from Supernatural and made it function like the beehive. It does not overwrite the original tree, it is a new object. You can find it under Hobbies right next to the original box and it costs the same, $275.
It has two recolor options, the first is non CASTable as it is the original overlay, the second has one channel.
Hide it in the woods! Stick one in the cemetery! Give it to your castaway sims! If there's trees, now there might be bees.
There is some stretching with patterns but fixing the UV map would wreck the overlay so there's not much I can do about it. Solid or wood patterns work well though.
The sim still pretends to open the box and you hear the lid creak. Again, not much I can do about this.
There is some minor clipping when they harvest honey or otherwise reach into the hole.
High 731 faces
Med 412 faces
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
|Filename||BeeTree.package (inside BeeTree.zip)|
Size: 1.24 MB · Downloads: 8,950 · 9th Mar 2015
|1.24 MB||8,950||9th Mar 2015|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see: