Here I have attempted to create a computer that looks like it belongs on the desktop, without hiding it under a clunky monitor. I wanted something that looked both unfamiliar and realistically possible. After a few redesigns, and a nod to Daedalus Industries' dedication to adding transparent glass to everything, I think I'm happy with this model. I hope you like it, too.
I've included some recolors in the package to provide a little variety. There is a new subset, as well, so you can choose a color for the monitor stand independently of the overall color of the computer.
Some technical info:
All textures are EAxis, with some manipulation in GIMP
GUID-d586CE10, face count-1821, in-game price-3000, Catalog placement- Electronics>TV and Computer
KNOWN ISSUES: I tried to add transparency to all the screens that pop up while using computers in Sims 2, [IMG]transparent.jpg[/IMG] but a few (like blog or write novel)[IMG]screen-writenovel.jpg[/IMG] evidently have other masters that override my attempts. I'll fix it eventually, hopefully . Any advice or instruction is welcome.
Tools used: SimPE, Blender 2.77, GIMP 2.8
Self-promotion: I notice I let my upcoming Maxwell Lord Desk sneak into a couple of the pictures. It is not only a monster of a desk, but will come with a whole office suite of matching furniture and accessories.
cd - 192
groundshadow - 5
computercheap-computer - 493
metal - 1003
screen - 128
Quaxi and the team for
BornCG for his Blender tutes that greatly improved my UV mapping
JWoods and Lethe_S for the Blender version of Start to finish Object Creation tutorial
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Size: 234.0 KB · Downloads: 3,747 · 11th May 2017
|234.0 KB||3,747||11th May 2017|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
I don't mind if you include any of these meshes with your lots**, as long as you provide a link to the original MTS page for the mesh. Posting my mesh on any site by itself, or claiming it as your own work, would be considered rude and a breach of my trust and love for you as a fellow simmer.
**Above policy does not apply to Remote Control Thing - it contains an NPC that could possibly corrupt a neighborhood when removed, and I doubt that downloaders would appreciate something like that hidden in a downloaded lot.