Instant Stereo Op - Global Hack
Uploaded 11th Apr 2007 at 12:22 AM · Updated 12th Jun 2008 at 4:43 PM by Numenor : Tested with FT / K&B
Warning: this is a global hack, which means that it will affect all your stereo's in all your lots; it might be unknowingly included in your exported lots, so you should always check them with the Clean Installer.
IN GAME USAGE
Using this hack, your sim will be able to operate any stereo from any location, without going near it, not using the remote.
I understand that this is not very realistic, but I was *way too annoyed* by having my sims wandering from room to room, trying to get near the stereo, only to skip to the next song! Thank you Daysies for having requested this mod!
This mod has been tested, and is compatible, with any game from the base game to Free Time / Kitchen & Bath.
Unpack to your Downloads folder (using the Q-Xpress is fine, too); to uninstall, remove the file "Numenor_GlobalMod_InstantStereoOp.package" from the Downlaods.
This mod contains a modified (well... "annihilated" is more proper, in this case ) version of the BHAV "Stereo - Use Remote" (StereoGlobals, instance 0x2032). Therefore, this mod won't be compatible with other hacks containing a modified version of the same BHAV.
Unlike my other creations, you can do whatever you want with this mod.
Maxis, for the (completely stripped off) BHAV 0x2032. Requiescat in pacem.
Size: 276 Bytes · Downloads: 7,944 · 11th Apr 2007
|276 Bytes||7,944||11th Apr 2007|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
by Lord Darcy
by Lord Darcy
Redistribution Policy and License Agreement
It's FORBIDDEN: to repost my stuff anywhere.
It's FORBIDDEN: to clone my creations.
It's ALLOWED: to create recolours for my objects (and post them on any site, including paysites), BUT you can't include the mesh in your recolour: you must give credits to me for the mesh, and provide a link to the mesh download thread.
It's ALLOWED: to include my creations in your lots, BUT the lots must be uploaded on free sites (except the Exchange), and you must provide credits and a link to the download thread.