Surprise Box *With many surprises good and bad*
It's the "Lament configuration puzzle box" from the Hellraiser movies!
I thought this would be a good box for this hack and after some searching on the internet, i found to my surprise a very good texture i could use for it!
What it does:
Mainly this item looks at the moods of your sim and compares them to give an outcome.
Even tho these outcomes are also randomized, sometimes it does give you some good or bad results!
I would suggest to not use it all the time after eachother, but more during the sims complete day every once in a while!
The reason i say this is because this box will alter your moods most of the time, and 2-3 bad outcomes may drain much of his moods to a low.
Not only will it change moods, but also it can give you skill points in the category's like body and charisma that are somewhat harder to learn than the others.
It can even give you an extra wants or fears slot!
Above that sometimes it spawns a decoration object, that you may sell or use in your house.
It can also give you money once in a while, but those are harder to get! :D
And of course this wouldn't be a real hellraiser surprise box if the ultimate bad outcome wouldn't be death!
This can happen but very very rarely!
So don't be surprised if suddenly you get visit from the grim reaper after using this box.
When you use it intensive, it might get frustrating, sometimes you get a few good surprises and suddenly you get many bad ones and before you know it your sims moods are in the red!
Overuse can lead to desperation, be warned!
This box checks the energy and hunger levels and the option to make a surprise wish will become unavailable if they are to low (about 25% level)!
Now that said, some outcomes have also a small animation behind them, but most of the time it's an easy and fast to use item, so it won't bother to much in the daily tasks your sim has.
Some examples of the many different outcomes:
You find this box in decorations/sculptures!
It costs $2500 and has also a nice 10 points room score!
Best is to place it on a end table, with the placement arrow facing front!
Make sure nothing is blocking the front view, otherwise your sim won't use it!!!
This item will work with the University expansion or any other above!
Mesh and coding i did myself!
Vertices: 24 - Faces: 12
All comments as always welcome!
Have fun with the surprise box!
Description: The surprise box is an ancient item that can bring fortune and surprises into a sims life. Be aware because not every wish will become a good one! This item looks at the sims moods and calculates a outcome. Under one condition your sim can even die from it! Is it worth the gamble? Ancient priests will say no, but an adventurer will say yes. This box is also known as "the lament configuration" from the hellraiser movies! Mesh and coding by smithycpl
* The following information shares where to find it in buy-mode, any buffs/moodlets they get from it and what it can be used for!
The surprise boxcpl.rar
Size: 51.1 KB · Downloads: 11,303 · 5th Oct 2007
|51.1 KB||11,303||5th Oct 2007|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Curse of the simmies
Do not redistribute any of my creations anywhere!!!
Don't ever claim my objects as yours!
Never place anything from me on pay sites!!!
About my meshes:
You can always recolor my meshes as long as you post them on free sites, but place a link towards the mesh and some credits to my work never include my meshes in your recolors!
Do not make recolors of my objects for pay sites!
You can include my meshes in lots but also place a link towards the mesh and credits for my work!
About my hacks:
Just use them in your game only, and if you like them, spread the word!
You can remesh my hacks only under one condition and that is if you contact me first.
You can use my codes to create your own hacks if they suit the purpose.
Do not redistribute them anywhere, but you are allowed to include them in your lots.
About my lot's:
Also these are for your game only, however if you feel you can improve them i don't mind you to do so but please contact me first and place a credit for my work!
If you have questions about something in my policies you can always contact me!