Egyptian Chariot with Custom Sound
Uploaded 29th May 2007 at 1:41 AM · Updated 27th Jun 2007 at 11:40 PM by hexameter
Finally I finished this vehicle. I wanted to have it since about 10 months. Meanwhile other players asked me to make such a chariot and I'm sorry that it took such a long time, but there is a life without the Sims, too. I tried to make it as authentic as I could. - Enjoy!
A Big "Thank You!" goes to Shaklin for sharing her knowledge and her help with me to make the sound package!!!
She encouraged me to share this object. Unfortunately she retired from modding the Sims.
This vehicle is drivable and a clone of a car. That's why you must have Nightlife to get the chariot to work.
Extract the packages of the *.rar-files as usual to your downloads-folder or a subfolder of it.
That's all! - To get rid of the object simply delete the packages.
The object needs the separate sound package to work correctly!
You should hear the new sound of a horse related vehicle and the neigh of the horse. As long as I tested this vehicle I had no problems. I changed the animations like shown in the pictures. This chariot has no lights. All the other functions of the cars work like before.
I also prepared the textures in a way that the horses can be recoloured separately. That means the textures of the two horses are in the same file. So different colours can be combined while the carriage and so on is textured in a second file.
Edit 07-06-27: Small improvements of the animations for children as I didn't remember they would use the vehicle, too. Thanks to SnowHawk9 for the feedback.
mesh handmade by hexameter
MilkShape 3D; PaintShopPro; UV-mapper Pro; SimPE; Nero Wave Editor; Jet Audio (to convert the sound of Nero correctly)
Vertices: 9,763 ( 814 per tile)
Faces: 13,879 (1,157 per tile)
Of course at first they go to Shaklin for detecting how sound works in animations. Thanks for explaining me how to do it for my objects, too!
The site owners for the possibility to share my objects.
Several modders for the tutorials I used during the last years.
Quaxi for Maxis for the game
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Description: The Egypts used these chariots in their battles. Today we can see the famous Pharaos in pictures that were found in several places. This vehicle is provided with custom sound. No longer horse related Sim-vehicles have to use the modern motor noise or no sound! - Have fun with this vehicle! - ----------- Credits: ----------- A big "Thank you!" goes to Shaklin for sharing her knowledge how to make custom sound for this game!!! Thank you to Quaxi for developing SimPE
* The following information shares where to find it in buy-mode, any buffs/moodlets they get from it and what it can be used for!
Size: 786.9 KB · Downloads: 14,562 · 29th May 2007
|786.9 KB||14,562||29th May 2007|
Size: 1,004.9 KB · Downloads: 16,887 · 29th May 2007
|1,004.9 KB||16,887||29th May 2007|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Some remarks to use my objects:
I spend many(!) hours of work on my vehicles and the meshes are handmade from scratch. Therefore don't claim them as your's if you clone the mesh or use it as a base. You have my permission to do so. I'm convinced that these things are made to be used. So, add a simple note within the object description, that's enough and hopefully not a hard restriction.
There might be some special rules on single objects for special reasons. Please respect them! - Thank you.