Three NPC - Service Vehicle Replacements
Updated: 5th Jul 2008 at 11:03 PM - Fix of a reported smaller bug
by Dragon Slave & hexameter
- the Nanny Mobile for Nightlife
- the Social Worker for Nightlife
- the Obedience Trainer for PETS
Most of the NPC vehicles now have got a replacement and the set is nearly complete for the most used NPC vehicles.
All the replacements use Dragon Slave's beautiful mesh of a Friesian horse that is my favorite type of horse also in reality.
The carts are prepared to use custom sound. I remarked that the sound package that is available here:
once was packed in a single file together with the "Hansom RendezVous". Therefore I decided to put it in here as a separate *.rar-file.
All joints are assigned properly. The wheels spin smoothly, the driver's position is correct and every vehicle worked without problems in my tests. The horses are not animated.
Install as usual extracting the *.rar-file to your downloads. To hear the correct sound don't forget to download the sound package. It's the same one that comes with the updated hansom "Rendezvous". So if you already got it you are complete. If you don't like to have the sound it will work as it is.
To get the original cars back simply delete the package and you are done.
Enjoy these carts, too, in your neighbourhoods of past times if you like them.
Fix of a small bug posted and reported by eccentricgnat (08-07-05):
Of course a NPC-vehicle normally can't be bought and it should not show in the catolog. I fixed the packages.
If your Sims call the special service by phone the NPCs will come as usual and use the horse carts instead of the normal cars. This also works whether you see the cart in buymode or not. So no reason to worry about.
I replaced the *.rar files.
Note, as this is teamwork, have please a look at the policy of Dragon Slave if you want to use this vehicle for your purposes.
It is a good idea to click her thanks button, too, if not already done!
Dragon Slave: http://www.modthesims2.com/member.php?u=141051
Faces: 14,607 (696 per tile); vertices: 9,095 (433 per tile)
To all the eager writers who built the database of tutorials on MTS2
Last but not least Dragon Slave, thank you!
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Description: A2o-carpool minivan-driver-loop wave
* The following information shares where to find it in buy-mode, any buffs/moodlets they get from it and what it can be used for!
Size: 786.9 KB · Downloads: 14,497 · 2nd Jul 2008
|786.9 KB||14,497||2nd Jul 2008|
Size: 645.4 KB · Downloads: 12,365 · 2nd Jul 2008
|645.4 KB||12,365||2nd Jul 2008|
Size: 760.8 KB · Downloads: 13,026 · 2nd Jul 2008
|760.8 KB||13,026||2nd Jul 2008|
Size: 650.9 KB · Downloads: 14,060 · 2nd Jul 2008
|650.9 KB||14,060||2nd Jul 2008|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Some remarks to use my objects:
I spend many(!) hours of work on my vehicles and the meshes are handmade from scratch. Therefore don't claim them as your's if you clone the mesh or use it as a base. You have my permission to do so. I'm convinced that these things are made to be used. So, add a simple note within the object description, that's enough and hopefully not a hard restriction.
There might be some special rules on single objects for special reasons. Please respect them! - Thank you.