TS2 Conversions II - 6 New-ish Patterns
Uploaded 20th Jul 2009 at 9:35 AM · Updated 20th Jul 2009 at 9:52 PM by Plum : fixed a typo
I hope I was able to convert them without causing them to lose their charm, as a few tones are always lost in such conversions. I think they came out nice though. Notice that most of them have at least two color channels, so that you can match the wood grain and all that shizzle exactly to your liking.
Notes: (1) The colors on the wall are the default colors. (2) Bigger pictures are attached.
Walk the Plank, Slimming Oak, and Rustic Pine can be found in the wood category. Sid's Cement, Stucco, and Discrete Concrete are masonry. (Duh?)
Sharing is caring and it can be fun. Feel free to include patterns with lots/Sims/etc as long as you're not uploading to a pay site. Edit as you wish. In fact, if you want the original extracted .jpegs or converted .dds files just ask.
Since it's obvious I take requests, I should warn you that I am in no way prompt in filling requests.
I did everything myself. I taught myself how to make patterns, and I even coded a little program called "Plum's Pattern Packager" (patent pending) that makes it easy to put patterns in game. CALL ME A LIAR I DARE YOU.
(thanks HP and Delphy)
In-Game Category: Wood
Size: 1.25 MB · Downloads: 20,161 · 20th Jul 2009
|1.25 MB||20,161||20th Jul 2009|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see: