LotAdjuster 3.6 (Updated May 23, 2013)
Updated: 27th Nov 2013 at 4:09 PM by Nysha
This new version of the LotAdjuster has all of the features of version 2.x, but allows you to adjust the size of the lot in lot-sized tiles, rather than neighborhood-sized tiles. As well, you can now add to one side and subtract from the other, effectively shifting things on your lot. This gives you complete control over the position of the building on your lot.
By specifying your adjustments in smaller increments, you gain a lot of flexibility in placing your house optimally on your lot. However, lots must still be sized in multiples of 10 lot-sized tiles. This is a restriction set by EA, since the game cannot correctly handle lots which are not sized in neighborhood-sized tiles.
Version 3.6 adds several new features. You can now choose to remove all furnishings from a lot, change a lot to or from a beach lot, or make a lot hidden or visible. The first option can also be used to keep the furniture on a lot when your sims move out; just uncheck the Remove Furniture option (if the option is not checked, the furniture cannot be salvaged).
There is a known problem where lots with custom terrain paints will turn blue if the custom terrain paints are not installed into your Downloads folder. The LotAdjuster now has a new option to remove unused terrain paints from a lot, which can solve this problem with previously-unfixable blue terrain on your lot.
There is a known problem where sometimes your lot will be changed to a beach terrain because it is too low or too close to the beach. The LotAdjuster now has a new option to override the lot terrain with the default terrain for the neighborhood. With this option, your beach terrain will be changed back to the expected terrain. This will fix both the lot terrain itself, and also the view of the neighborhood terrain from the lot.
For more information about what's changed, please see the release history.
The LotAdjuster version 2.x, which adjusts in neighborhood-sized tiles, will remain available. It's a bit easier to use, but provides less flexibility:
Future enhancements will only be added to 3.x and will not be applied to 2.x.
The LotAdjuster allows you to modify a "Sims 2" lot in a variety of ways, including:
- Enlarge a lot up to a size of 60 x 60 lot-sized tiles, which is the EA-imposed TS2 limit.
- Enlarge a lot over the road; allow building on both sides of the road.
- Shrink a lot; allow building to within one tile of the edge of a lot; create pseudo rowhouses.
- Shift a building on a lot by expanding one side and shrinking the other.
- Move a lot within a neighborhood; move a lot away from the road.
- Add and remove roads; create a roadless lot; create a lot with multiple roads: corner lot, alleyway, service road, square.
- Unlock tiles on a lot.
- Fix vehicle and pedestrian portal locations, as well as the location of the mailbox, trash can, and phone booth.
- Fix the edges of a lot: smooth, flatten, or match neighborhood terrain.
- Fix crashing beach lots. See this link for further details: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?p=3169826
This version of the LotAdjuster works with all expansion and stuff packs, up to and including The Sims 2 Mansion & Garden Stuff.
The LotAdjuster is the successor to the LotExpander: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=175884
- The LotAdjuster is released under the GNU General Public License.
- The program uses some DLLs from SimPE; they are included in the file.
- You need the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...s.aspx?id=20137
To install, just download LotAdjuster.zip and unzip it. Run the EXE from the unzipped location. This is "alpha" software and is still in development; it is not guaranteed to work and may corrupt your lot. Be sure to backup your game before using this tool.
I have included the source code for version 3.6 in LotAdjusterSource.zip. There is no need to download this file unless you are a C# programmer who wishes to look at or modify the code.
I left a previous version (PreviousLotAdjuster.zip) available, in case there are any unforeseen problems. There is no need to download this file.
Running under OS/X:
Please read this thread for information about running the LotAdjuster under OS/X:
At this time, there are no instructions available for the LotAdjuster; hopefully, some will be available soon. In the interim, please see the LotExpander instructions and substitute "LotAdjuster" for "LotExpander". The screenshots will be different than the LotAdjuster, but the basic method is the same.
Note that tiles are now specified as lot-sized tiles, rather than neighborhood-sized tiles. There are 10 lot-tiles in each neighborhood-tile.
Please be sure to before you use the LotAdjuster and keep your until you are sure that everything worked as expected. If something goes wrong, restore from your backup. Without a backup, you may not be able to fix any problems that you have.
Advanced options are changed by clicking the "Advanced" button on the lot information screen. Options in this category are more likely to require special handling. Be sure to test your lot thoroughly before sharing it.
If you have any problems with the new LotAdjuster, or if you have suggestions that you would like to see implemented, please let me know.
LotExpander Tutorial: http://www.modthesims2.com/showpost...3&postcount=410
Known Issues: http://www.modthesims2.com/showpost...80&postcount=47
LotExpander Error and Warning Messages.
LotAdjuster messages may be different:
Recovering from Problems: http://www.modthesims2.com/showpost...5&postcount=411
Research Thread: General discussion about modding lots: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=250693
Release History: http://www.modthesims2.com/showpost...29&postcount=50
To-Do List: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=328158
How to Help:
1) The LotAdjuster is a general purpose tool with a wide range of applications. We need tutorials on how to use the various features to create special types of lots. If you create a tutorial which is relevant, please post a link to your tutorial and I will include it here. Some of my thoughts on tutorials which might be helpful: http://www.modthesims2.com/showpost...82&postcount=48
Useful Links: http://www.modthesims2.com/showpost...83&postcount=49
This program is derived from the LotExpander, which was designed and developed by Andi8104. Without his work, the LotAdjuster would not exist.
Thank you to all of the people who helped to make this tool a reality, including aelflaed, baratron, ebonyspiral, GeneralOperationsDirector, ikbod, Inge Jones, ingeli, J. M. Pescado, KariMinger, ladykatsim, Mutantbunny, niol, plasticbox, pljones, Quaxi, and Rascal.
I'm sure that I've forgotten some people, since so many people have helped with the development of this program. If you know of someone who's been missed, it was not intentional. Please let me know and I'll add them to the list.
Windows: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, etc
Save Editors: Tools for modifying savegames, lots, neighbourhood packages etc.
Not Applicable: Standalone tools
Tags: #LotAdjuster, #lot, #adjuster, #adjust, #expander, #expand, #shrink, #shrunk, #shrunken, #reducer, #reduce, #resize, #shift, #larger, #smaller, #increase, #decrease, #size, #bigger, #move, #road, #roadless, #corner, #alley, #service road, #alley home, #square, #portal, #townhouse
| Previous version V3.5 - no need to download
Size: 812.9 KB · Downloads: 2,149 · 13th Jan 2010
|812.9 KB||2,149||13th Jan 2010|
| C# source code V3.6 - for programmers only
Size: 203.0 KB · Downloads: 2,375 · 13th Jan 2010
|203.0 KB||2,375||13th Jan 2010|
| Current version of the LotAdjuster V3.6
Size: 822.6 KB · Downloads: 32,983 · 13th Jan 2010
|822.6 KB||32,983||13th Jan 2010|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Sharing, Requests, Help
Please do not share my programs, lots, or neighborhoods without my permission. Instead, please direct people to the latest release on this website.
Feel free to share my mods, but be sure to give people a link to the download thread here, just in case there are any future fixes.
The source code for most of my programs is available in the download thread. If I am inactive on ModTheSims for a year, or if I die, you may take over development and support of any of my programs without my permission, but the program must remain free of cost and you must keep the source code in the public domain.
If you have requests for new tools, or suggestions for existing tools, please post in the Moo Tools social group; see my Group Memberships for link. I do not accept requests for anything other than programs.
For help with any of my tools, please post in the appropriate download thread.
DO NOT ask for help or support via PM.
I will delete such requests without responding. Please see rule #5 here for details: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=135664