Mid Century Modular Sofa
Updated: 23rd Jul 2010 at 9:01 PM by leesester - added info re EP requirements
In the last two years I have learnt a lot, met a lot of awesome people and found more sites dedicated to simming CC than I ever thought possible. This is my two year anniversary upload - I hope you like it.
Thank you to all of you who have thanked commented on my posts in the time I have been here on MTS - it makes my day
I am a big fan of Awesims and her Mid Century Furniture for TS3, and so, with her permission, I converted her TS3 Mid Century Armless chair to TS2. Its an awesome mesh. So I turned it into a Modular Sofa as well.
However, its no fun just taking someone elses mesh and just moving it from one game to another. So I wondered what I could do to make this a bit different to other Modular Sofas and make the best use of Awesim's mesh. I decided that instead of useless corner pieces that sims never sit on I would make side tables instead. And what is a table without a slot? Useless. So here is a modular sofa where the corner pieces are tables and have one slot each that can contain NEARLY all items.
This sofa is repositoried to the Awesims chair I made - and it is included in this upload.
1 modular sofa
1 living chair
Price and Catalog Location:
Sofa - 200 per piece, with the sofas
Chair 400 - in living chairs
there are two subsets - base and surface. To recolour the sofa you have to recolour the chair.
I made this sofa repository to the chair so that we could use the same recolours for both. However, by doing that, I BROKE the CT update design BHAV. This mean that if you MOVE a piece after you recolour it then it will revert to the standard RED and BEECH colour. To reset the colour you will have to click on the design tool and click OK. Thats it. Sorry, but I thought it being repo and therefore keeping the number of recolours in our downloads folders down was a fair trade off.
Here are some recolours: http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=495
You will NEED Inges sectional sofa hack for this to work in your game - link HERE >>
EP requirements: The sofa needs any EP above NL.
Sofa = 800 per chair piece, 276 for the tables.
Chair = 800 polys
Link to original Mesh (TS3)
Awesims for the mesh, SIMPE, HL for helping with the table slots, Fanseelamb for telling me to stop being a lazy git and do some recolours.....
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Mid Century Sofa+ Chair+recolours.rar
Size: 830.1 KB · Downloads: 12,468 · 18th Jul 2010
|830.1 KB||12,468||18th Jul 2010|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
For a full list of packs with names, see the Packs Needed popup.
In addition to all the things I have uploaded to MTS I also have a site of my own, leefish.nl. We have free downloads from various creators and accept Sims related uploads from members. Click on the link below to visit the site.
Extra Policy Information
Please feel free to use my meshes in your lots as long as you give me credit for it and please do not share elsewhere as your own work.
The only exception to my policy for uploading with lots is the milk bottle door changer, which should not be uploaded in a lot.
Feel free to include any of my meshes in mesh packs etc in your uploads EXCEPT for on Pay Sites.
If you use my items I would love to know about it, but you don't have to tell me if you don't want to.