Oscar Table Lamp
Updated: 10th Jul 2014 at 4:31 PM
Since Charlie hasn't seen it yet, I have no idea what she thinks of it. I do know that I really like how it turned out so I'm uploading it here too.
The shades are all patterned and look pretty good lit and unlit:
The lamp can be found with the other table lamps in the catalog for 75 Simoleons, which is about half of what you'd pay for the real one! It's base game compatible and comes with 11 shade recolors and 9 base recolors.
If you'd like to recolor, please do! The shade takes seamless textures really well. (I only did a few seamless ones for this set, but I did play around with a lot of seamless textures while mapping the shade.) If you'd like to use a texture that isn't seamless, I suggest using one of my recolors as a guide. Also, the LIT texture needs to be darker than the UNlit texture. Why? Because I like being difficult like that. Ok, no.. the real reason is that the lit textures were way too washed out and bright. I did edit the TXMT so if you don't make the lit texture darker it won't be too terrible. But I do recommend lowering the brightness of the lit texture by 35. (I use PhotoShop, so Brightness/Contrast, -35 for the brightness.)
Michelle did some recolors in Ikea LACK colors.
832 - not too bad for all those sleek curves.
MilkShape, SimPE, PhotoShop CS2 and Charlie @ BPS for the request.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
|Filename||MLC OscarLamp.package (inside MLC OscarTableLamp.rar)|
|Description||This lamp was requested by charlie @ Black Pearl Sims. It's a replica of a real lamp and I call my version the Oscar Lamp since that's part of the real lamp's name. :) There are 2 subsets- the base and the shade, for your mix-n-matching pleasure. by mustluvcatz www.mustluvcatz-sims-stuffs.blogspot.com www.modthesims.info|
Size: 788.1 KB · Downloads: 12,282 · 13th Jan 2014
|788.1 KB||12,282||13th Jan 2014|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
The exception: My TS4 Robert Williamson sim. I would really like it if he's not edited in any way. He's my tribute to Robin Williams, who was someone I greatly admired. Changing him would make him just another sim.