MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...
Izzy's rental house from Anarteq: Guardian of the Soo
by BulldozerIvan Posted 25th Aug 2019 at 8:49 PM - Updated 9th Jun 2020 at 1:31 PM by BulldozerIvan : Eco Lifestyle update notes
17 Thanks Thanks 2 Favourited
Ever wanted to rent this AirBNB house? How about moving your Sims into it? It features in Anarteq: Guardian of the Soo, part of the Legacy volume of The Gerosha Chronicles in Dozerfleet Comics, so why not?
Real world house history and specs
1011 E. Wellington St. in Sault Ste Marie, ON is a house with a slightly interesting history, but it's a great getaway for any Canadian that needs to stay in Sault Ste. Marie for not too terribly much money.
Located in the Algoma District, it is near the Zion Lutheran Church not too terribly far from downtown on the Canadian side. It is also very close to the intersection between Wellington and Simpson.
In-universe, it was being used as an AirBNB as early as 2014. In real life, it was sold to a "Wilberty" from Guarulhos, Brazil some time between late 2018 and early 2019, and has been in operation as an AirBNB since then.
- Lot size: Estimated about 1,800 - 2,000 sq. ft. (actual data not available)
- House area: Estimated 500-800 sq. ft.
- Estimated rent: $500-700 / month, roughly $23 / day, though discounts are readily negotiable*
* AirBNB website
- Rent amenities:
- Washer and Dryer, but only free on weekends. Fee for access on weekdays.
- Essentials (towels, bed sheets, soap, toilet paper)
- Indoor fireplace (not included in downloadable game file)
- Central heating (additional heating available)
- Hot water
- Desks and chairs for use of a laptop
- TV provided
- "Free" parking (included with the rent)
- Fire extinguisher
- Smoke alarm
- Carbon monoxide alarm
- Lock on bedroom door (for extra privacy)
- Not included are shampoo, nor air conditioning
- Nearby early education: Greenwood Public School, St. Basil Catholic Elementary, Lincoln Elementary, Washington Elementary, Parkland Public School, St. Mary's Elementary School, Holy Cross Catholic Elementary School, Pinewoood, Queen Elizabeth, St. Paul Catholic, etc.
- Nearby later education: St. Mary's College, Prince Charles Secondary, Aboriginal Alternative Middle School, Malcolm High School, Kumon Math & Reading, Sault Area Middle School, Sault Area High School, Brimley High School, etc.
- Nearby grocers: Wal-Mart, Pino's Get Fresh, Baldwin's Superette, Rome's Your Independent, RJ's Market, SOO SuperValue Foods, Food Basics, Joe's No Frills, City Meat Market, Metro, Paesano Foods, M&M Food Market, Bulk Barn
- Nearby fast food: McDonald's, Arby's, Dairy Queen, KFC, A&W, Subway, Burger King, Ambassador Fries
- Nearby insurance firms: Allstate, North Star Brokers, Dawnson & Keaton Insurance, Rivet Insurance, Algoma Insurance Brokers, Doug Sykes Insurance, Inc.
- Nearby gas stations: Canadian Oil Co., Esso, Petro-Canada, Shell, Mac's
- Nearby pharmacies: Merrett's Pharmacy, Market Mall Pharmacy, Station Mall Drug Market, Wellington Square Market, The Medicine Shoppe, Sault Community Pharmacy, Ideal Drug Mart ID, etc.
- Area crime rate: About average for the overall state of Michigan, and for northern Ontario. (Jissika and Wishpon's actions sure shook things up!)
--> Crime nature according to AreaVibes, by reason of incidents reported in 2018 for the US side (Canadian side stats unavailable):
- Murder: 1 reported in the area several years ago
- Rape: 13
- Robbery: 4
- Assault: 29
- Burglary: 20
- Standard theft: 218
- Vehicular theft: 9
- In summary: Beware the homeless. Don't leave valuables unattended. If visiting internationally, don't draw attention to yourself if you can help it and avoid dark places alone at night. Follow these simple rules, and you're a lot less likely to run into any trouble. Source: TripAdvisor
Note: Earth-Gerosha-7.0 ("Cataclysmic" Literary Gerosha) is a timeline of the Gerosha Multiverse, part of the greater Dozerfleet Megaverse. For more information on Dozerfleet Comics multiverse structure, see the Dozerfleet Database on Fandom.
TL;DR version: Anarteq rented this house for the duration of the story's timeline.
Kitchen very closely modeled after real kitchen!
Pretty much how it looks in real life.
In-Game Lot Specs
- Game version: 220.127.116.110
- Approximate real-world accuracy: 64%
- -> Notes on accuracy:
- Basement layout guesstimated. No tour of basement available.
- Hallway / stairway room also speculatory.
- Living room is speculatory, based on exterior home design. No tour available.
- Upstairs bathroom design based on speculation
- Yard landscaping kept to a minimum due to lot size
- Actual closet sizes and shapes were impossible in-game and were replaced with analogs compatible with the game.
- Roof shape has been altered, but attempts were made to get it as close a match as possible to reality.
- Garage interior is speculation.
- Only the upstairs bedroom and kitchen are close matches to their real-world counterparts, as AirBNB's page for the place provides actual images as references.
- Bedrooms: 1
- Bathrooms: 1
- Lot price (furnished): ?53,166
- Lot price (unfurnished): ?29,159
- Instigation neighborhood: Brindleton Bay
- Lot tile size: 30x20
- File size total: 153 KB (ZIP condensed to 136 KB)
- Lot traits: Peace and Quiet, Homey, Fast Internet
Highly Recommended / Required CC
This CC is not included, but the house will look weird and incomplete without it. Even if it's not used, suspicion of its use on the lot during construction has me suggesting you should probably download it anyway.
- Ranch-style Garage Door by AdonisPluto on MTS
- Grunge Walls by Praline Sims at The Sims Resource
- Garage Bench by Carlos at Simming in Magnificent Style
CC that won't translate
The following items will delete their references automatically when you install. They are decorative-only, and don't alter the lot's functionality in any significant way. These items appear in screenshots, but are not available for download in TS4 format:
Sims 3 Bare Bulb conversion
Lot Size: 30x20
Lot Price (furnished): 129,621
Lot Price (unfurnished): 39,663
Special thanks to Google, AirBNB, Redfin.ca, and AreaVibes for the real-life home and regional data.
Update 9/28/2019: I've added an image of the house as it looks today in real life, with a modified front door. I was in the Sault Ste. Marie area on the 25th, and was able to get a picture of the real-life house.
Update 6/9/2020: The second story window can now be fine-tuned, thanks to the patch for Eco Lifestyle. However, I'm not planning a new build for here. If you're a stickler for accuracy, however, the window can be fine-tuned manually with moveobjects.
Size: 136.7 KB · Downloads: 512 · 25th Aug 2019
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents