Roadside Stall - CC-Free
This situation has vaguely bugged me for over a decade, but today I decided to tackle it again. With many more years of experience with the game and with creating, I was able to fix the original lot - it just had some faulty CC which was not updated for EPs. Quite easy really!
However, I decided to build an new version anyway, for my UC game, and here it is!
"Previous owners hoped to make this lot into a boutique nursery cafe, but it turned out they were just too far from the highway, and the parking lot was always empty. Their snazzy lattice enclosure is looking rather the worse for wear, with holes in the roofing. Most of the tables have gone. The garden is overgrown, and is starting to encroach upon the buildings.
The current incumbent sells a few things in the stall, but spends nothing on renovations. Maybe a lick of paint or a few nails wouldn't go astray?"
The original lot had groceries, a BBQ and some toilets, plus lots of trashy CC. The new version, still in line with the challenge requirements, also includes a few fun items such as a dartboard, a couple of toys and a photobooth. There are no energy-, skill- or money-making fixtures.
The shop now sells a bit of everything, with produce stands, games, cheap clothes and magazines. There is an old incinerator out the back, with an easychair conveniently placed. There are a few parking spots out the front. The little tin shed still holds public conveniences, although the roof is sagging.
The lattice walk is exposed to the seasons, but the toilet cubicles and the shop are weatherproof. The roof of the toilet block was made with the CFE cheat, and therefore will sometimes show jagged bits - you can see that in one of the pictures. It doesn't affect play.
2x1 lot, shrunk using Moo's Lotadjuster. The lot is flat.
My original basegame Produce Stall:
Ellatrue's original Poverty Challenge, designed for basegame:
Her updated Ghetto Superstar version, tighter and meaner, accounting for EPs:
Lot Size: 2x1
Lot Price (furnished): 24, 215
Credit for V1ND1CARE's tutorial on wall-height adjustment, which makes the loos weatherproof while keeping the custom roof.
Thanks to Mootilda, for the LotAdjuster and other great tools.
And to Ellatrue's original Poverty Challenge, which inspired me to make this - twice!
Number of bedrooms:
Not Applicable: For Commercial Lots
Custom Content Included:
None: No Custom Content included
Fully Furnished: Lot is completely decked out in furnishings
|Open for Business|
|Kitchen & Bath|
|Mansion and Garden|
AE_Roadside Stall - Poverty Lot.7z
Size: 4.93 MB · Downloads: 708 · 5th May 2020
|4.93 MB||708||5th May 2020|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Install: Double-click on the .sims2pack file to install its contents to your game. The files will automatically be installed to the proper location(s).
- You may want to use the Sims2Pack Clean Installer Official Site. instead of the game's installer, which will let you install sims and pets which may otherwise give errors about needing expansion packs. It also lets you choose what included content to install. Do NOT use to get around this error with lots and houses as that can cause your game to crash when attempting to use that lot. Get here:
If you like my work, remember to hit the Thanks button. It's nice to feel appreciated. Constructive feedback is also welcome - I can't fix it if I don't know it's broke.
Please enjoy my creations, and keep it free!