'Katrina Cottages' Homes for Your Post-Disaster Sims -No CC!- (21-25 of 25)
Updated: 9th Jan 2009 at 3:59 AM
Hurricane Katrina left a lot of people homeless. The Katrina Cottages were designed to replace the degrading FEMA trailers. Their purpose was to be fast to build and cheap, while still looking nice. Read more about them here. I've built all the plans found on that site, including all the 'add-ons' for the plans that have them. In total that made 25 houses. Instead of posting 25 different threads forcing you to jump from page to page, I'm uploading them in sets of 5. The first and second sets require only the BaseGame, sets 3 and 4 need Pets, and set 5 needs Pets and OFB. The reason behind this is the building cheats I used to get all the roof lines they way they are supposed to be, and five houses had turning stairs (requires the stage tool). If you don't happen to have Pets, hopefully 10 Katrina Cottages is enough for you.
None of the cottages are furnished, with 25 it started getting redundant, and plenty of times people redecorate the houses they download anyways, so I went with unfurnished instead. This also assists in making them CC FREE! YAY! Each cottage is built on a deck (helps escape a bit of high water now and then). They all have the same roof material (real ones have tin roofs, we just get the Slate Grey color). They each (mostly) have a different color of aluminum siding (cheap, quick, and weather resistant!) They all have the same hardwood floors and tile in the bathrooms. They all have the same Beachy Keen Wallpaper with beadboard in the public areas of the house, plain kick and crown molding in the bedrooms, and gray with a chair rail in the bathrooms. (This is to help you remember how to furnish it 'according to the plan'.) In addition to all this they all have the same stairs, fence/railings, and columns. The landscaping is minimal at best, many of these lots are too tiny for much, but they all have a Mixed Pebbles terrain paint walkway and many have a Birch tree or two.
I find these houses make great little homes or vacation homes in Beach community's, like Sand Simolean Point, or homes for your less than fabulously wealthy sims, or college campus houses. If you redo the interior walls many of them will make great little shops. Small houses are indispensable! Collect them all! Make sure you check out the others in this set! 1-5, 6-10, 10-15, 16-20, and 21-25!
Now, on to the specifics, names were based on plans from the previously referenced website, and letters were added for the variations of each plan. Click on the pictures for larger versions. These five cottages all require OFB and Pets.
Katrina Cottage 633 - $10,423, 2x2
Katrina Cottage 675 - $9,444, 1x2
Katrina Cottage 697 - $13,035, 2x2
Katrina Cottage 936 - $13,435, 2x2
Katrina Cottage 1200 - $14,687, 2x2
(click for pic, cottage is an extension of the house above)
These pictures are of cloned houses hanging out in Sand Simolean Point my sub'hood of Pleasantview. Your versions were created in a sterile testing environment game and I assure you they only require OFB and Pets. A nice beachy town just makes for better pictures. Plus, they are fitting in nicely with my Nana Series houses!
P.S. My parents always had us write 'Thank You' Notes as kids, maybe that's why I prefer reading replies better than seeing how many people bothered to click the 'Thanks' button...
Lot Size: 2x2
Lot Price: varies, see above
Even though there is no CC involved, I actually have more people to thank this time than usual. I built the basics of these cottages on my Mac (BG Only) and then fixed the roofs and second stories by using Numenor's AnyGameStarter. A good most of these wouldn't look anything like their plans if I hadn't used the roof cheat that came with Pets.
As I said, I started building these in the Base Game and there are no 2x2 lots there! I have to thank plasticbox and his 2xN lots for saving my butt there. There are also no 1x2 lots. These particular minilots came from aelflaed, but I'd only have found them from using Andi8104's and MaryLou's original ones.
Number of bedrooms:
Custom Content Included:
None: No Custom Content included
Unfurnished: Lot is a basic shell with walls, floors, windows, doors, stairs, and landscaping, but does not contain basic fixtures, plumbing, or furniture.
Title: Katrina Cottage 633
Title: Katrina Cottage 675
Description: RL 1 x 2 by MaryLou www.marylousims2.it
Title: Katrina Cottage 697
Title: Katrina Cottage 936
Title: Katrina Cottage 1200
|Open for Business|
Katrina Cottage 1200.rar
Size: 458.2 KB · Downloads: 3,864 · 21st Dec 2007
|458.2 KB||3,864||21st Dec 2007|
Katrina Cottage 936.rar
Size: 436.1 KB · Downloads: 3,818 · 21st Dec 2007
|436.1 KB||3,818||21st Dec 2007|
Katrina Cottage 697.rar
Size: 350.9 KB · Downloads: 3,682 · 21st Dec 2007
|350.9 KB||3,682||21st Dec 2007|
Katrina Cottage 675.rar
Size: 385.5 KB · Downloads: 3,894 · 21st Dec 2007
|385.5 KB||3,894||21st Dec 2007|
Katrina Cottage 633.rar
Size: 370.2 KB · Downloads: 4,034 · 21st Dec 2007
|370.2 KB||4,034||21st Dec 2007|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Install: Double-click on the .sims2pack file to install its contents to your game. The files will automatically be installed to the proper location(s).
- You may want to use the Sims2Pack Clean Installer Official Site. instead of the game's installer, which will let you install sims and pets which may otherwise give errors about needing expansion packs. It also lets you choose what included content to install. Do NOT use to get around this error with lots and houses as that can cause your game to crash when attempting to use that lot. Get here:
Blurb and Updatez:
- Please don't reupload my work anywhere else. Just point them back here, I'm not going anywhere! :)
- Please ask permission before using my work as a base for your project. I almost always say 'yes' and often times I will help you with your project! :bunny:
- If you make something (like a story or a video) and it has something of mine in it, send me the link, I love to see my stuff 'in action'!
- Sadly, but honestly, I can't take on requests. You can ask if it's something already related to one of my current projects, but I'm not likely to take on your project for you. MTS has lots of wonderful tutorials ;)