Transparency Fix: Mel's 3t2 Braided Bun
Updated: 21st May 2014 at 4:18 AM
The first mesh I've successfully opacified, largely by luck of the draw, is the wonderful Mel / Rented-Space's 3t2 EP9 Braided Bun! See below for the before and afters.
I also tweaked the hairline a bit to fit TS2 scalps better, because I'm picky like that, and once I'd seen a gap I couldn't rest until I'd squished it into oblivion.
If you already have Mel's original mesh, delete it and replace it with this file. If you don't already have the original, you will need to download some recolours, as this file ONLY contains the mesh. You can get Mel's original textures here; the textures in my pics are by selenaq, available here. Any other retextures of Mel's mesh that you may find will also work with this version.
This hair, just like the original, is enabled for all ages, female only. And another note: you need to download recolours separately! From someone else!
More to come soon, hopefully.
Teen to elder: 4158
Many thanks to pinhead, whose info on model names and opacity values helped me work out how to get fixed meshes working with existing retextures. And of course to the lovely Mel for making the hair in the first place, and she bears absolutely no responsibility for the transparency issues since, as I have only just realised, apparently they don't show up in her game for some reason. :D
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Mel's 3t2 EP9 Braided Bun Fix.7z
| Just the mesh. See the description for links to recolours. :)
Size: 321.8 KB · Downloads: 4,506 · 21st May 2014
|321.8 KB||4,506||21st May 2014|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.