Gravitarse: Functional Recliner, with Matching Armchair and Footstool
Well, now there's a solution!
The Gravitarse seating set comes complete with a recliner, non-reclinable armchair, and sittable-on footstool. The recliner is cloned from an EA pool chair, meaning that your sims can either relax or nap on it - although I'm afraid they can't sit on it to eat, read and so on. Sorry! If only I were a scripter... The armchair and footstool are both, well, armchairs, and thus have all the normal armchair options.
The Gravitarse set comes in three designs:
(The base of the footstool is not nearly that blurry in game - but I'd had the game running for about three hours when I took that pic, and my graphics card was considering strike action... you can see the base in all its non-blurry glory in the "scene" pictures; and it is also identical in-game to the base of the recliner's footstool )
...and finally a, erm, mature design that was fished out of a charity shop. This third design, incidentally, demonstrates the recolourable channels quite well: channel A is the cushioning and arms, channel B is the wooden bases, channel C is the arm supports and channel D is the back/underside of the seat. The standalone footstool does not have channel C.
All three can be found in Living -> Chairs, or in Comfort -> Armchairs. The recliner costs §850, the armchair §700 and the footstool §150. This is posh furniture, you understand!
This is by far the most complex object I have ever meshed and, more significantly, mapped from scratch. There are a couple of mapping anomalies, which you can see on the chequered pics attached. Hopefully these won't bother you too much.
There are two files attached here, a repo version and a non-repo version. The recliner is the master object, so if you want the recliner, I recommend you download the repo version, as the three repo files put together are less than half the size of the three non-repo files put together. You do not have to keep the repo files together in the same (sub)folder.
If you don't want the recliner (wtf is wrong with you?!) or otherwise have problems with the repo version, download the non-repo version.
Remesh, retexture, rehash, include with lots, pretend the floor is lava - whatever you like, just keep it free and give me credit with a link.
Many thanks to Bloom and cmo, who helped me tweak the footstool's rig and slots so that sims sit lower (since otherwise their backsides float three feet in the air above it). Many thanks also to Inge, who saved me from her own mesh-breaking TT3-related malice.
The black hair worn by the woman in the armchair is a retexture by Beaverhausen of the only good Peggy mesh I have ever seen, Peggy #828 (free) (Peggy's site is currently even more broken than usual, so that link may not work, depending on the current lunar phase).
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
This mod has specific instructions!Download the REPO FILE if you want the whole set, including the recliner.
Download the NON-REPO FILE if you don't want the recliner, or if you have problems with the repo file.
Gravitarse seating - non-repo.rar
Size: 1.19 MB · Downloads: 4,409 · 29th Jun 2012
|1.19 MB||4,409||29th Jun 2012|
Gravitarse seating - repo.rar
Size: 473.0 KB · Downloads: 11,846 · 29th Jun 2012
|473.0 KB||11,846||29th Jun 2012|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see: