Laundry Day Part 1 ~ Washer and Dryer
Updated: 6th Sep 2021 at 3:51 PM
While Rebecah did the original coding, it was iCad's edited versions that I cloned to make mine since her edits were what I wanted in my objects. I further edited the BHAVs, adding a few more animations, a coin flip here, a coin flip there.. so your sims won't do the exact same thing all the time. Depending on the coin flip, your sims just might have a bad experience with a "broken" washer or dryer and feel the need to take it out on the poor washer or dryer.
What You Get:
A functional washer
A functional dryer
A decorative washer
A decorative dryer
14 recolors (4 are in the package file)
What You Need To Know:
The set is repository - the washer is the MASTER of the set and is needed for the other 3 files to work in your game.
Nothing is perfect in this world and that included these meshes. There will be a little bit of clipping when your sims open/close the washer/dryer and check the laundry in the dryer. (You can see this in the video.)
Continuing with the nothing is perfect theme, there will be times the lid of the washer and/or door of the dryer won't close. If this happens, click on it and choose "close" from the pie menu.
Still not perfect, lol - there are no shadows to these meshes. The size of them means that walls would eat the shadows - and a tiny portion of the meshes, so I didn't give them shadows!
The functional and decorative dryers both have 5 slots on the top.
Question You May Have:
Why are there decorative versions of the washer and dryer?
Because while working on this set, I noticed that which washers/dryers my sims used was pretty random. There were some that were never used at all. So I added the decorative versions - that way I (and now, you too) can have just a certain area of a laundromat be functional. With a large laundromat, this is actually pretty darned handy .. as my sim Sally Sudzington would tell you.
The functional washer and dryer can be found in Large Appliances for 150 Simoleons.
The decorative washer and dryer can be found in Deco>Miscellaneous for 75 Simoleons.
Thanks to Zx-Ta for the original TS3>TS2 washer and dryer conversions. I took apart her meshes to make mine. The texture used is one I made myself using some of Anna's new colors (that I got here) and some of iCad's colors from her recolors of Rebecah's meshes. (Already linked above in post.)
PART 2 (Table Set) HERE
PART 3 (Clothing) HERE
Functional Washer: 478
Functional Dryer: 510
Deco Washer: 266
Deco Dryer: 293
PhotoShop CS2, MilkShape,
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
| All meshes and recolors.
Size: 2.77 MB · Downloads: 16,514 · 13th Dec 2015
|2.77 MB||16,514||13th Dec 2015|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
The exception: My TS4 Robert Williamson sim. I would really like it if he's not edited in any way. He's my tribute to Robin Williams, who was someone I greatly admired. Changing him would make him just another sim.