NCI - Film/Photo Studio Green Screen Wall/Floor
Updated: 17th Mar 2019 at 11:39 PM
There's something about green screen that is tricky to obtain, and that is consistency of the green. Sure, you can add walls behind a Sims that is all green, but then as soon as you go above 1 floor, the green shade changes. That's not convenient. Nor is it convenient when you're trying to take bottom up shots of your Sims in action. After many attempts at making a green screen object, and after learning a bit of how the TXMT file works in the object, NCI presents its newest creation that some of you may think, "Well what's so special about this, I already have one." Well, have another! In this case, enjoy modular green screen walls and flooring...if that makes sense. See for yourself below:
It happened to be coincidence that this object lines perfectly with the stairs in the image behind.
A shot of this actor sitting at a table with custom background behind.
And why not fly into space while we're at it? What you're downloading are the floor and walls seen below.
|In order for the walls to retain the same luminosity regardless of when & where these walls are situated͵ do the following:|
|1. Choose the three dots from the UI in-game for Options - F5|
|2. Choose the screen button Graphics/Performance Options|
|3. Under the heading Shadows͵ select Off.|
The flooring doesn't have the same effect, but after placing our studio lamps (or similar ones from other uploaders) around the place, you'll be able to get the consistent effect for the floors too. The benefit is that you can see through the back of these walls, rather than having to crop out spaces to see your subject(s).
The green screen wall is located in the Decorative -> Miscellaneous section of the catalog, and goes for $100 each. The floor goes for $10 a tile, and is found in the Floors & Ceilings -> Miscellaneous section.
NCI Download Policies for this thread of (March 11, 2016) regarding:
1. PERSONAL and PRIVATE USE
You may use this download in your game however you wish. Enjoy it & if you feel like it, give feedback on how it works. Do not make money off of this creation.
2. PUBLIC DISTRIBUTION
Do not upload this creation onto other websites. Instead, please link back to this download thread from your website.
3. CONVERSIONS and REMIXES
If you wish to convert or remix this creation for use in other games, please contact me by private message or e-mail for an arrangement on what you'd like to do with this creation.
4. FUTURE on RETIREMENT or INACTIVITY
This policy will supersede the above policies with condition to the following order, whichever event occurs first:
a. You may redistribute/remix this download anyway you'd like (with the condition that you credit me for the original download) after 5 years of the date listed in this policy, OR
b. You may redistribute/remix this download anyway you'd like (with the condition that you credit me for the original download) in case I become inactive after 2 years of the Last Activity date listed in my profile.If neither conditions occur, then the above policies remain in effect.
Credit goes to Quaxi's "SimPE" for making it possible to upload the new meshes in-game.
Credit goes to chUmbaLum sOft's "Milkshape 3D" for making the meshes for most stuff in the download.
Green Screen Wall:
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
| NCI's Modular Green Screen Wall
Size: 1.4 KB · Downloads: 3,097 · 11th Mar 2016
|1.4 KB||3,097||11th Mar 2016|
| NCI's Modular Green Screen Floor
Size: 4.3 KB · Downloads: 3,299 · 11th Mar 2016
|4.3 KB||3,299||11th Mar 2016|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.