GrayCurse's Cooking & Ingredients Overhaul
Uploaded 16th Oct 2016 at 7:30 PM · Updated 17th Nov 2019 at 9:22 PM by graycurse
- General compatibility updates to work with latest version of the game and University Expansion
- If you haven't, please download the fixed version of the XML Injector found here: http://modthesims.info/download.php...744#post5568744
PLEASE make sure you have the latest version, though, and that all of the old files have been deleted. This means you should only have your recipe packages, and the graycurse_cooking_ingredients_overhaul package file. There should NOT be a ts4script file any more, and you should have the latest files from here: http://modthesims.info/d/622928/xml...-version-1.html
Have you ever found cooking in TS4 to be too easy? Do you yearn for more realistic cooking? Do you enjoy playing a history challenge, or just want more of a challenge in general? Then this is the mod for you!
Experience cooking in an all new way with brand new ingredients: eggs, milk, flour, cheese, bread, sugar, chicken, beef, pasta, and more! These new ingredients, as well as old ones, can be purchased through a new "Buy Ingredients" option on the fridge. You'll need to go shopping now that recipes require all ingredients! Each and every recipe was tweaked to have a more realistic set of ingredients.
The new ingredients add a more realistic element to the cooking experience. They may be purchased through the menu on the fridge, or by enabling buydebug mode and search for "Cooking ...". The ingredient meshes are all from the base game, but were extracted and repackaged by me. I am hoping to refine their appearances in the near future!
If we need more things to cook, we need to buy them from somewhere, right? The all new purchase dialog contains filters for food group types, including one for the new cooking ingredients. Please note that some debug items appear in the list - I am looking into how to remove them, but in the mean time, please don't purchase them. I will be enhancing this list with more food groups as necessary!
Increased Recipe Difficulty
All recipes now require the necessary ingredients. Every recipe has been overhauled to include a more realistic ingredients set, although some further change is possible/likely. Grills and campfires were also updated to require ingredients as well! Snack and vending machine recipe updates will be included shortly.
In order to use the new version, you MUST download Scumbobo's framework code found here: http://modthesims.info/d/622928/xml...-version-1.html
After downloading and extracting the attached file, the following file must be copied to somewhere in your mods directory:
The recipes files, found in the recipes folder in the download archive, are all optional, and must be copied to somewhere in your mods directory. Each file is titled with the expansion/game/stuff pack number (i.e., Get To Work is EP01 and Dine Out is GP03). Please ONLY copy the files that match the games you own!
If you previously installed my test/beta version, please delete and/or replace all old files.
This will not conflict with the Custom Food Interactions mod, or with any other new recipes/ingredients! This WILL conflict with mods that alter the existing recipes, since all of them are altered here.
I am always open to feedback! Please let me know what you think, or of any improvements that I can make. If you have any suggestions about new ingredients or recipe changes, please let me know!
Type: Additional Functionality
Size: 1.46 MB · Downloads: 43,452 · 17th Nov 2019
|1.46 MB||43,452||17th Nov 2019|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
Read the upload description for installation instructions. If nothing else is specified, do the following:
2. Extract: Use(Windows) to extract the .package file(s) (if included, ts4script as well) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Cut and paste the .package file(s) (if included, ts4script as well) into your Mods folder
- Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
- Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
Need more information?
- Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
- If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.
- Mod still not working? Make sure you have script mods enabled