Hold that newspaper and phone between actions and queue cell actions during calls
Updated: 28th Nov 2017 at 4:22 PM
And, I suppose, your phone handset needs recharging after every call?
No? Stop rushing to drop them then. Keep them while you need them!
These are two global mods. Both require any EP/SP from Night Life and up. If you only have University, they are not going to work for you. Tested and confirmed by gummilutt.
May conflict with other mods that alter newspaper or phones. If you encounter bugs, HCDU may help to catch the cause.
hold that newspaper
As was mentioned by someone, sims shouldn't drop newspaper if their next interaction is with the same paper. With this mod, sims hold the paper between actions, excluding debug ones, because those don't have animations. They still fold and unfold it. Fixing this would require changing every newspaper interaction in an invasive way, and you want to save those for a better modding cause.
Sub - Get Paper | 0x42484156 0x7F08E23C 0x0000100E
Sub - Pick Up Paper | 0x42484156 0x7F08E23C 0x00001012
put paper back | 0x42484156 0x7F08E23C 0x0000100B
CT - Allow In Hand | 0x42484156 0x7F08E23C 0x00001484
CT - Don't Delete In Hand | 0x42484156 0x7F08E23C 0x00001485
hold that phone
Between calls, sims hold their phone handset that they used to put back on base station every time. They hang/drop it as soon as their next interaction is not with the phone any more.
Cell phone interactions don't disappear on sims, if they are already talking, so we can queue up next call. Sims still put cells back in their pockets, but it's real quick. And again, fixing this requires overriding too much stuff for my taste - cell phone interactions are matryoshkas with each one checking the pocket for cell phone or playing animation.
Phone - Find & Pick up Handset | 0x42484156 0x7FB208FA 0x00002006
Phone - Hang Up (F) or Drop (T)? | 0x42484156 0x7FB208FA 0x00002035
Interaction - Cell Phone - Make Call -TEST | 0x42484156 0x7F01EC29 0x0000225C
Interaction - Cell Phone - Go Home - TEST | 0x42484156 0x7F01EC29 0x000022CA
CT - Allow In Hand | 0x42484156 0x7FB208FA 0x00002484
CT - Don't Delete In Hand | 0x42484156 0x7FB208FA 0x00002485
The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Photoshop
gummilutt for testing in non-UC environment
Posters in the Hacks & CC that you'd like to see thread, particularly SneakyWingPhoenix for the newspaper idea
Object Mods: Object Interaction Mods (things that change how sims interact with objects or their environment, like "Multi-owner door" or "sunbathe anywhere")
Global Mods: Mods that change the way the game works without requiring any user intervention.
| Phone and cell phone mod
Size: 1.1 KB · Downloads: 3,313 · 26th Nov 2017
|1.1 KB||3,313||26th Nov 2017|
| Newspaper mod
Size: 789 Bytes · Downloads: 3,142 · 26th Nov 2017
|789 Bytes||3,142||26th Nov 2017|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Latest updated mods:
- Wider Design Tool: added two more versions
- Invisible Kitchen Surface: fixed a bug
- Maternity set: new versions with less child wants and removed gender preference restrictions
- 50 LTWs: translations
- Hobby Lot Visitor Fix: added family restrictions
- LTW Chooser: Shapeshifting, Rerolling and Support for future wants
- Job options: career-types-mutually-satisfy-wants compatible with LTWs
- YA Job Panel Revealer now shows hints in menu options
Mods in progress. These mods work, but might be unfinished.
- Music Preferences Mod: Favorite Radio Stations, Stereo Ownership, Dancing Autonomy
- Toddlers: outings and restaurants
- Electrical box, power generator and more
- Marriage for students (cluttered and confusing thread)
- Moving out mod
Policy: for personal use and for science.
Don't include my stuff with lots, because it's all hacks and mods. Exception: sims 3 paintings.
I'm fine with you reusing bits of my code. Give credit where appropriate.