New meshes: set of clothed tables with alpha-adjustable cloth length - and 2 recolors
Updated: 14th Oct 2008 at 8:08 AM by -Maylin-
Features of this set are:
1) cloth length is adjustable via alpha-channel - I believe that recolors I've made explain this enough
2) textures are contained in 1x1 table only, 2x1 and 2x2 tables borrow them from 1x1 table; texture layout is somewhat tricky, the idea is similar to Maxis bedding - I wanted to make texture size smaller while keeping the details.
Advantages of this approach:
- all recolors of 1x1 table are automatically inherited by 2x1 and 2x2 tables
- since textures are in 1 package of 3 only, it saves you some space
- 'slave' tables wouldn't work without 'parent' one
- you can't make fully asymmetrical texture for these tables - some parts of texture mapping overlap (intentionally, to reduce texture size) - I could make it all non-overlapping but texture would become twice bigger
1x1 table - 284 faces, 404 vertices
2x1 table - 424 faces, 557 vertices
2x2 table - 570 faces, 722 vertices
Mesh consists of 2 subsets - 'wood' and 'cloth', both are color-enabled and bump-map enabled.
This set is created in original game and should work with any EPs. Thanks to Echo and fisheeyes for tutorials which helped me to create 2x2 table working in original game.
Feel free to recolor, but please link back to this thread for original mesh.
Please don't post on pay sites.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Size: 183.5 KB · Downloads: 8,201 · 14th Jun 2006
|183.5 KB||8,201||14th Jun 2006|
Size: 12.1 KB · Downloads: 8,205 · 14th Jun 2006
|12.1 KB||8,205||14th Jun 2006|
Size: 81.9 KB · Downloads: 10,817 · 14th Jun 2006
|81.9 KB||10,817||14th Jun 2006|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Feel free to recolor my objects/clothing meshes, but don't post them as donation or pay items, and don't forget to credit me properly.
Ask for permission if you want to clone my object/mesh. I'm likely to give permission if result is going to be free.
You may use my creations in your sims/houses, and include them to upload, if they are posted as free items. Please give link to the thread where you got them - for bugreporting and updates.
Please don't upload my stuff to Exchange.
I do not take requests - I have more unfinished projects and ideas then the time to complete them :(
For Russian-speaking downloaders - если у вас есть жалобы по работе моих объектов, оставляйте их здесь, пожалуйста. Я не могу исправить ошибки, если я о них не знаю ;)