Testers Wanted: Primitive Scroll-in-a-Box Table Phone
Updated: 19th Mar 2009 at 2:06 PM by -Maylin-
I give you... another phone! This time, a bit more primitive, this phone has a scroll in a wooden box lined with cloth that your medieval, fantasy, and Roman sims can use that doesn't clash with their decor.
The base is the box, and the handset is the scroll. Sims will begin a call by prodding at the wax seal holding the scroll and then, um... hold the scroll to their heads and walk around talking to it. It's... um... magic. Yeah.
It shows in the catalogue in the same place as normal phones (Buy Mode - Electronics - Small Electronics), and is 50 simoleons (a bit cheaper than normal). 1107 polys, 937 vertices (just a smidgen on the high side, but certainly not out of the ordinary), created from scratch in Milkshape. This should be EP and base-game compatible... I have Pets and all the Pets functions seem to come up on it as well. I would appreciate testers - I don't tend to play much myself. I am also not an incredibly experienced object creator, and probably had no business creating a phone, so use at your own risk.
I've taken care to make the map extremely easy to recolour, and have double-size layer-separated PSDs that you can PM me for if you want to recolour it easily using some of my graphics. Two recolours are included, plus the default brown wood with blue lining.
- NUMENOR!!!! Thank you thank you thank you! The phone cloning templates which I used to clone my phone from, and his very clear instructions on how to utilize them.
- Everyone who has contributed to the creation and development of SimPE. Couldn't do this without your efforts.
- cokenasmile, for helping me with an issue I was having with the scroll.
- MTS2, the rest of the staff, and Delphy, for creating a such a fantastic place to learn and share information, so I could figure out how to do cool stuff like this.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
|Filename||OMESH_PrimitiveScrollTablePhoneHANDSET_HystericalParoxysm-DemusedSims.package (inside PrimitiveScrollTablePhone.rar)|
|Filename||OMESH_PrimitiveScrollTablePhoneBASE_HystericalParoxysm-DemusedSims.package (inside PrimitiveScrollTablePhone.rar)|
|Title||Antique Scroll-in-a-Box Table Phone|
|Description||This magical scroll will allow even the most primitive of sims to communicate with others. Do be sure not to tell the neighbourhood, though... they might try to burn your sims as a witch. Cloned from Numenor's phone templates. Thanks Numenor! by HystericalParoxysm DemusedSims.com ModTheSims2.com|
Size: 346.8 KB · Downloads: 20,613 · 30th Oct 2006
|346.8 KB||20,613||30th Oct 2006|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.