RealiSIM Oval Glasses
Updated: 13th Jan 2008 at 7:14 AM
Got me to thinking how few really decent eyeglasses there are for sims... there's a lot of funky high-fashion sunglasses out there and stuff, but even with Phae's set, there's really not THAT many true glasses for your sims with less than perfect vision.
So, I made these - simple, basic thin-framed oval glasses, the sort you'd see on real people (and quite a bit less chunky and large than Maxis glasses, which have always seemed huge to me). As a result these may not fit every sim perfectly - sims with nose bridges that stick out really far or who have very wide cheeks will probably get some clipping - these glasses don't distort with the sim's face - but they should work on a pretty wide range nonetheless. No nose rests as sim nose width is variable but width of that part cannot be changed dynamically to match.
I might end up making a few more types - been plinking around online at different styles, seeing what would be the most useful and generic for a wide range of peoples' self-sims and stuff. We shall see.
These glasses work for both genders and for all ages except toddler. I have done them in four colours: charcoal/black, silver, gold, and black frames with sunglass lenses. Files are labelled so you can delete any colours you don't want.
These do not have special bin numbers to allow for accessory multi-wearability: all OTHER custom accessories than glasses should be re-bin-numbered to be worn with glasses and other accessories, but it's not necessary for glasses (you wouldn't wear two pairs of glasses at once), hence why I didn't do so.
- Model is my sim Olivia Morana and you can download her (and find details on her content) at that link right there... She's wearing an outfit by me which may be downloaded here.
- MTS2, the rest of the staff, and especially Delphy, for giving me such a cool place to learn how to make pretty things for pixel dollies.
- Tiggerypum and Dr. Pixel, for so much meshing help along the way.
- Wes_h for Unimesh.
- Quaxi and the rest of the team.
- Phaenoh, for inspiration.
- Milkshape, and 3DS Max.
- Late nights fueled by cinnamon coffee.
876 polygons, 835 vertices (reasonable)
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Size: 83.1 KB · Downloads: 64,266 · 10th Jan 2008
|83.1 KB||64,266||10th Jan 2008|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.