Fix subhood selection
Uploaded 29th Sep 2010 at 5:01 PM · Updated 19th Oct 2010 at 2:30 AM by Mootilda : Restore default picture
The mods will also properly display a scroll bar if there are too many universities, downtowns, shopping districts, or vacation destinations to display in the available space, so that you can easily see the entire list.
AllowMultipleDowntown requires Pets or any later EP or SP. Before Pets, the game will not properly fill the list of available Downtown areas, which means that you cannot select a Downtown area without the button. I am trying to find a way to force Nightlife and Open for Business to fill the list.
All of the mods (except AllowMultipleDowntown as noted above) are compatible with any combination of EPs and SPs, including just the base game. However, if you do not have the EP which allows you to select a particular type of subhood, then the mod will do nothing. The download contains four separate mods, so that you can select only the ones which you actually need:
- Moo_FixMultipleUniversity.package is only useful if you have University.
- Moo_AllowMultipleDowntown.package is only useful if you have Nightlife. It requires at least one EP or SP from Pets on.
- Moo_AllowMultipleShopping.package is only useful if you have Open for Business.
- Moo_FixMultipleVacation.package is only useful if you have Bon Voyage.
These mods are particularly useful for creating and using custom subhood templates, and for creating mega-hoods using the same technique:
Please feel free to share these mods, along with a link to this thread. I especially hope that you will share these mods along with any subhood templates that you create.
These mods will conflict with any other mods which affect the subhood-template selection UI. To my knowledge, the only existing conflicts are with Marvin Kosh's mods which remove the Downtown and Bluewater Village buttons:
Quaxi and Peter and Inge Jones for SimPE:
Numenor for the AnyGameStarter, which allowed me to test these mods with various configurations of the game:
Marvin Kosh, for the inspiration of his two mods which will remove the Downtown and Bluewater Village buttons, but which do not properly display the scrolling lists.
Size: 10.0 KB · Downloads: 51,425 · 29th Sep 2010
|10.0 KB||51,425||29th Sep 2010|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Sharing, Requests, Help
Please do not share my programs, lots, or neighborhoods without my permission. Instead, please direct people to the latest release on this website.
Feel free to share my mods, but be sure to give people a link to the download thread here, just in case there are any future fixes.
The source code for most of my programs is available in the download thread. If I am inactive on ModTheSims for a year, or if I die, you may take over development and support of any of my programs without my permission, but the program must remain free of cost and you must keep the source code in the public domain.
If you have requests for new tools, or suggestions for existing tools, please post in the Moo Tools social group; see my Group Memberships for link. I do not accept requests for anything other than programs.
For help with any of my tools, please post in the appropriate download thread.
DO NOT ask for help or support via PM.
I will delete such requests without responding. Please see rule #5 here for details: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=135664