(UPDATE 13-JUL-2016) Bring Food & Drink To Others - Any Time, Any Place
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...
27,534 Downloads 1,459 Thanks Thanks 418 Favourited 83,445 Views
Picked Upload! This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Uploaded 22nd Mar 2014 at 8:57 PM · Updated 12th Jul 2016 at 6:08 PM by icarus_allsorts : Mod Update
13-JUL-2016: Simplified some more code and fixed the animations used when adult sims pass cocktail glasses to one another.
10-JAN-2016: Interactions should no longer appear on foods on display in any of the shelves and displays from the Deliciously Indulgent Bakery store set.
9-MAY-2015: The interaction to bring drinks to another sim can now be used directly from the active sim's inventory.
5-APR-2015: Removed some more code that is no longer needed. Put In Inventory interaction should no longer appear on servings of food on buffet tables. The interaction to bring a snack to another sim should now be usable from a sim's inventory as well.
14-MAR-2015: Fixed the issue of food passed on using the interaction becoming uninteractable if the interaction is cancelled. Also removed the interaction ITUNs to lighten the package since enabling the interactions for Children is now handled in the script.
10-AUG-2014: Managed to cut out a huge chunk of unneeded code for (hopefully) better performance.
14-JUN-2014: IMPORTANT To anyone also using the Get Moodlets From Meal Ingredients mod, please redownload the very latest version of that mod (since I made the same mistake there as well) or the fix here won't be applied.
- Fix for a mistake in the Grab A Serving interaction made in the previous version (Thanks to kacg97 for pointing it out)
- Put Down interaction now enabled for Children.
- Children should no longer stretch when using the Put In Inventory interaction.
12-JUN-2014: IMPORTANT To anyone also using the Get Moodlets From Meal Ingredients mod, please redownload the latest version of that mod or the following changes to this mod may not be applied
- The Bring A Serving To... interaction is now available on group servings in sim's inventories.
- Added a custom version of the Put Down interaction to serving containers that allows them to be placed on inactive residential lots so you can bring food to your sim's neighbor's houses and serve them food if you like. (Also works with cakes, though the carry animations don't exactly look right, oh well)
- Also added the Put In Inventory interaction to serving containers in case you wanted to retrieve a serving placed in an inactive residential lot (since you're not allowed to hand drag them on these lots)
- Readded and fixed the Bring Drink To... interaction to bar trays since it were necessary to be used on nectar glasses.
20-APR-2014: Various bug fixes. Removed the interaction override for bar trays since I felt the interaction is rather redundant (just click on the individual drink glasses/cups and use the Bring Drink To interaction from there) Also removed the optional package since it is now obsolete.
19-APR-2014: Fixed the interaction names for hot beverage cups (Hand over Food -> Hand Over Drink)
18-APR-2014: NO MORE STRETCHY CHILDREN!! (i.e. Fixed the arm stretching issue for children)
- Removed the restriction on children from handing over food and drinks in the main mod, which means the optional package is now OBSOLETE (still usable, but no longer needed for children to use the interactions. EDIT: Optional package now removed)
- Unlocked the Bring Drink To interaction for children, which they can now use without full body stretching
- Bring Drink To interaction now available on all hot beverages from the coffee machine and the Barista Bar
- Children will now carry juice boxes properly
9-APR-2014: (Main mod only)
No longer allowed to bring food/drinks to active sims in resorts who are not checked in (trying to do so usually glitches the sim out.)
24-MAR-2014: (Main mod only)
The "Bring A Serving To..." interaction now shows up on foods on buffet tables (regular and resort). It should show up when you click on the plates (not on the buffet table itself). Thanks to fxchrfxchr for the suggestion
Added the "Bring to..." interaction on snacks as well. You'll have to put up with Child sims not being able to hold juice boxes properly during the interaction though (EDIT: Fixed)
When looking for a way to pass food from one sim to another, I came across the Bring To... interaction in the code and found it odd that I've never seen it in the actual game... The reason turned out to be that by default the interaction can ONLY be used on Late Night bars/clubs/lounges or by a sim hosting a party, which I find unnecessarily restrictive. So this is a script mod which replaces the Bring to... (for foods and drinks) and Bring a Serving to... (for group servings) interactions with versions that can be used anytime anywhere, unlocking them for everyday use.
Handy for passing food/drink to a specific sim to eat without resorting to the Call To Meal interaction in cases where you don't want the whole household to swarm to eat at once. Plus the interactions have the added bonus of being positive social interactions, so there is a slight relationship increase between the sims when one brings food or a drink to another (despite what the second screenshot looks like...). And don't worry, these are user-directed only interactions so you don't have to worry about inactive sims spamming you with food and drinks.
In addition, all these interactions have been unlocked for children as well and quite some effort was put in to make sure they don't stretch and distort while performing them.
Built on patch 1.63. Tested and works for patches 1.63 and above
Requirements; Only requires the Base Game. Thanks to AmazingSims for confirming this
Uninstalling: Make sure there are no sims using any of these interactions at the time of saving (since it is a non-autonomous interaction you should only need to check your active sims) before you remove the mod.
No metadata could be extracted from this file
| UPDATED 13-JUL-2016
Size: 10.5 KB · Downloads: 26,186 · 12th Jul 2016
|10.5 KB||26,186||12th Jul 2016|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
See: Game Help:TS3 CC Basicswiki for a full guide!
See: Game Help:TS3 CC Basicswiki for a full guide!
Also Thanked - Users who thanked this download also thanked: