Stone Pine Trees
The trees were cloned from Brevifolito's Joshua Tree, which has no seasonal states and cannot be snowed on. The Joshua Tree was introduced in the University EP, so these trees require that EP to show up.. They are found in Build Mode under Garden Center/Trees and cost $260 each.
The hood deco versions require an EP to show up, but it can be any EP. They can be found in Neighborhood view under Hood deco/Flora and do not have a price. Of course, they are a lot less detailed than the 'in lot' versions. What they look like for comparison purposes when placed close to the edge of a lot can be seen here:
The 'in lot' trees are bump mapped, so the textures may appear flatter if your graphics card won't handle bump maps. They have also been compressorised. (Guess who was lurking on the 'things we like to see in CC' thread!).
I believe these kind of trees are the source of the edible pine nuts, used in Italian and other Mediterranean cooking. These trees won't produce nuts, but there is a Pine Nut Spawner at Plum Bob Keep that could be used with them. http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/...hp?f=240&t=9218
Stone Pine Short - 6880 vertices *WARNING* High Poly Object.
Stone Pine Short Hood Deco and LOD90 - 1018 vertices
Stone Pine Tall - 6720 vertices *WARNING* High Poly Object.
Stone Pine Tall hood deco and LOD90 - 1117 vertices.
Simpe. Blender. Paint.net.
The textures used were from Wikipedia Commons and the attributions are here:
By Dubas https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/...Do%C3%B1ana.jpg
Pinus Pinea bark photo
By Z Cebeci https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/...Pinus_pinea.jpg
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Size: 163.4 KB · Downloads: 917 · 16th Sep 2017
|163.4 KB||917||16th Sep 2017|
Size: 816.9 KB · Downloads: 1,034 · 16th Sep 2017
|816.9 KB||1,034||16th Sep 2017|
Size: 823.4 KB · Downloads: 1,072 · 16th Sep 2017
|823.4 KB||1,072||16th Sep 2017|
| Stone Pine Tall, Hood version
Size: 165.2 KB · Downloads: 1,021 · 16th Sep 2017
|165.2 KB||1,021||16th Sep 2017|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
For a full list of packs with names, see the Packs Needed popup.