Brakenbank (English Gothic Georgian Home) - No CC
Updated: 9th Sep 2020 at 9:37 PM
Where I believe the game restricts building Georgian homes, is that the beauty of old English homes often lies in the brick and window detail. In order to create character, I've actually used several shades of bricks for this, mixing a more polished wall decor with an aged/older style. You can see this up close, but I have used the plants and pillars to try and make it less obvious at full view. Although the shape of the house is simplistic, I love the use of the pillars and front balconies. These give it a grandness and allow the house to look classic and more impressive from the exterior.
My favourite feature is the outside deck on top of the garage. Initially this was a flat roof, but I added the sloping roof around the side and rear later, as I felt something was missing. I actually like the rear view of the house nearly as much as the front and feel it looks like a typical English country house.
Initially, I didn't want to give the house a Gothic finish, however struggled with finding the right railings to surround the garden and balconies. Due to the dark brick and roof, it made sense to go with this.
The interior is grand but simplistic. It made sense to keep the downstairs symmetrical and create a large hallway. The upstairs includes a landing to surround the downstairs hall, however this could be modified in order to accommodate additional bedrooms. Currently it has three bedrooms and two bathrooms (excluding a downstairs toilet). It costs $47,606 unfurnished.
Given The Sims 2 is an American game, I do feel like this house is unique to the pre-created lots, considering the majority are American Cape designed. Hopefully this attracts any lovers of English country homes.
Lot Size: 3x3
Lot Price (unfurnished): $47,606
Number of bedrooms:
Custom Content Included:
None: No Custom Content included
Unfurnished: Lot is a basic shell with walls, floors, windows, doors, stairs, and landscaping, but does not contain basic fixtures, plumbing, or furniture.
|Open for Business|
|Kitchen & Bath|
|Mansion and Garden|
Size: 1.08 MB · Downloads: 886 · 9th Sep 2020
|1.08 MB||886||9th Sep 2020|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Install: Double-click on the .sims2pack file to install its contents to your game. The files will automatically be installed to the proper location(s).
- You may want to use the Sims2Pack Clean Installer Official Site. instead of the game's installer, which will let you install sims and pets which may otherwise give errors about needing expansion packs. It also lets you choose what included content to install. Do NOT use to get around this error with lots and houses as that can cause your game to crash when attempting to use that lot. Get here: