Dhampyrs (updated to 2.0)
Updated: 8th Aug 2022 at 7:30 PM
You no longer need to follow a complex process for your Sim to become a Dhampyr.
p.s. the sunlight reversal buff is still there, your Vampires will just now need to drink from the Dhampyr to obtain it, so it's no longer super easy to hand out
- August 8, 2022: Fixed inheritance issue that was keeping the trait from being assigned in some cases.
- July 13, 2022: Added v2.0.
- February 19, 2022: Added link to Portuguese strings.
- February 10, 2022: Needs overhauled.
- February 4, 2022: Addon created.
You know, I realize probably few people actually care for the context as to why particular mod exists, but I'm also aware my ideas have something like a 50/50 chance of appearing completely unrelated, so I still feel the need to explain. The lack of hybrids in the Sims game in general seems unrealistic (how unrealistic that my Aliens and Spellcasters can't have wizardry half-Alien offspring smh), given how under normal circumstances one would expect their children to be something new... But hey, I'm not here to do anything about Occult+Occult combos. Let's talk about Dhampyrs.
I have a thing for tvtropes, at times even treating the pages as a place in which to look for ideas on what book to read next, and one such page is that of Dhampyrs, the offspring of Vampires and humans. In the Sims, the children of Vampires and non-Occults can be either, because the Sims are mean and don't like hybrids.
So let's fix that, let's get some Dhampyrs. (Note that this isn't meant to represent any culture's particular depiction of Dhampyrs, and has to work within the constraints of the Vampire system in-game)
Fun fact, while looking up the translation of Dhampyr for my translation, I ended up stumbling upon the Dhampiro wikipedia page, which features a line too legendary to not be mentioned here. Namely, here's the definition of Dhampyr, for those who don't know, and also because I find this particular phrasing hilarious.
|un híbrido entre vampiro y otras especies ficticias incluyendo a los humanos.|
|a hybrid between vampire and other fictional species including humans.|
Anyway, while Dhampyrs (and apparently humans, according to that wikipedia page) may be fictional creatures, but the world of the Sims need not abide by silly rules!
First of all, you need MAL22's Trait Tracker Injector for this to work.
Whenever an OccultVampire and a nonOccult Sim have a child, there is a chance they might be a Dhampyr if they aren’t born a Vampire. Like Vampires, they’ll have to wait til they’re Teens to fully manifest, mostly because their half-human nature makes them develop a bit more slowly and also because the animations would look absolutely cursed.
- Dhampyrs now have access to both Thirst and Vampire Power
- Regaining thirst from consuming Plasma Fruits and Plasma Packs fully enabled
- All Dhampyrs can do Dark Meditation
- All Dhampyrs have a single interaction through which they can Drink Plasma from Sims with (sorry, I tried to make multiple and it was very much not working)
- To keep some consistency with whatever the original lore was, well, since their nature is weird, Dhampyrs have a chance to spend more or less Vampire Power than expected when using their abilities (they might even accidentally increase their Power when doing something)*
*might change this to a flat loss so let me know what you think
Upon becoming a Teen, your Dhampyr will gain access to Dark Meditation, Drink Plasma, and a randomized set of 5 abilities. They’re Vampire Perk powers that could reasonably be converted for them, now manifesting as traits for them. Note that there's a small chance they might initially spawn with less than 5 upon becoming Dhampyrs because of how I ended up having to set the randomization up, but if this happens, they should end up at 5 upon re-instancing either by travelling or being reloaded into a lot.
Possible Dhampyr powers:
- Fly as a Bat
- Frozen Social Need
- Cast Hallucination
- Highest level of Child of the Moon
- Command abilities
- Highest level of Deadened Emotions
- Frozen Fun Need
- Detect Personality
- Deprive Needs abilities
- Irresistible Slumber ability
- Mesmerize ability
- Teleport as Mist ability
- Frozen Hygiene Need
- Supernatural Speed
- Highest level of Vampiric Charm
- Highest level of Vampiric Strength
Might eventually make something to reroll them.
Dhampyrs still can’t age past Young Adult.
Vampire Sims will get temporary sunlight protection if they drink the blood of a Dhampyr, and Dhampyrs are resistant to some mind control abilities.
2.0 currently has in-game strings for all languages.
- Bring back the resurrection module, maybe.
- Re-roll interactions.
- Lot51′s online TDESC BROWSER
Details that only apply to v1:
(so basically TL;DR: those are the two steps, if your Sim is a human born of a non-Vampire parent, eat a plasma fruit after reaching Vampire Lore Level 15, and you will become a Dhampyr)
Careful with that decision, though! Dhampyr conflicts with Vampire, so your Sim will not be able to become a Vampire... for as long as they live, that is (more on that later).
Once your Sim is a Dhampyr, they'll gain access to a few perks!
- Only 4 needs: Hunger, Thirst, Fun, and Hygiene. Their vampiric thirst can only be satisfied by plasma fruits or plasma packs, as they weren't born with fangs.
- Access to all Vampire transport methods (Fly as Bat, Teleport as Mist, and Vampiric Run). Note that they must be toggled via clicking on your Sim.
- Agelessness - Dhampyrs will not age past Young Adult.
- Dispel Mind Control Powers - can free other Sims who have had Mind Control perks cast on them by Vampires (They cannot cast Mind Control.)
- Permanent Vampire Resistant Cocktail buff
- Ability to grant temporary sunlight protection to Vampires (via the Sunlight Resistance buff). If used on non-Vampire Sims, they'll get the buff, but all it will do is make them +3 Energized for a while
- Max Vampiric Fighting skill (same perk that can be unlocked by Vampires)
- Nightly skill gain bonus of +25% to all skill gains (50% for Fitness and Mixology)
- ...at the cost of skill gain during the day being half as fast, that is.
That's it? You may be wondering, isn't that a bit weak in comparison to Vampires? They can't even pick their own perks! But that's the price they have to pay. They, after all, don't have to deal with the weaknesses that plague Vampires. Does that not seem fair?
And alas... should a Dhampyr die, the next time their ghost loads into a lot (simply leaving your urn does not count, apparently you need to actually load into a lot, in spite of my attempts to make it instant), they will resurrect as a Vampire, having lost their Dhampyr powers forever. They'll gain Vampire XP a bit faster than the average, though. The Dhampyr trait cannot be regained normally after this point, even if your Sim is cured of vampirism. It'd only, hypothetically, be possible if you cheat your Vampire Lore skill back down and try to re-trigger the initial unlock conditions.
If you have any comments in regards to the selected abilities, feel free to share your opinion, as I had a hard time picking and choosing those myself.
- Portuguese (by ayrthwil, separate here)
- Resurrect-as-Vampire requires loading the ghost Sim into a lot in order to activate, since just coming out of their grave, even on a different lot from where they died, apparently isn't counted
- Sunlight Reversal Cocktail is applicable to non-Vampire Sims via the Dhampyr interaction, but it makes them Energized so I decided against patching that
Zerbu's Mod Constructor, Sims4Studio, and MAL22's Trait Tracker Injector
Too much information to load! Please check each package file individually inside the Downloads tab!
Custom Content Required!
The following custom content is required for this download to function properly! Please make sure you download it before downloading the files!
| current version
Size: 103.6 KB · Downloads: 4,362 · 8th Aug 2022
|103.6 KB||4,362||8th Aug 2022|
| old version
Size: 46.1 KB · Downloads: 854 · 14th Jul 2022
|46.1 KB||854||14th Jul 2022|
| for anyone who just hates the sunlight-reversal vfx specifically
Size: 1.0 KB · Downloads: 1,279 · 5th Feb 2022
|1.0 KB||1,279||5th Feb 2022|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
Read the upload description for installation instructions. If nothing else is specified, do the following:
2. Extract: Use(Windows) to extract the .package file(s) (if included, ts4script as well) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Cut and paste the .package file(s) (if included, ts4script as well) into your Mods folder
- Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
- Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
Need more information?
- Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
- If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.
- Mod still not working? Make sure you have script mods enabled
The creator also recommends the following uploads: