Abandoned Sunshine Gas'n'Go Mart, rezoned as art studio
Updated: 19th Jun 2010 at 2:20 AM - needed work/added CC link
After the Sunshine Gas'n'Go closed, it sat abandoned for years. No one wanted to buy the old building. Some of the town's slobbier residents began using the old lot as a dump site, making the old building even more of an eyesore. Town Hall decided it was time to take drastic measures: they gave the property to a local artist/inventor, Artemisia DaVinci on the condition that she agree to clean the place up and make it a habitable work/living space.
Artemisia got busy right away, but the old building still needs a lot of work. She converted the second floor storage area into a very tiny living space for herself, with just the barest necessities. She hasn't been able to afford a stove, but she does have a fridge and microwave, a small bathroom with toilet, shower and sink, a single bed and dresser, and a plastic dining table and chair. On the large balcony, she has a grill and her easel, plus an old bench and bookcase. The balcony is also where she's stowed some crates she hasn't decided what to with yet.
The old garage has been converted to her studio, with sculpture stand and invention bench, and the old mini-mart is now her office space. She hopes to display some of her paining and sculptures in there someday.
She managed to get the garbage piled up and mostly hidden behind the rusty old fence. To her, other people's junk is always a treasure, and she frequently mines the scrap for material to use in her sculptures and inventions.
This lot was built in Riverview, on an empty corner across the street from the Broke family compound. I added the new 20x20 lot space there with no trouble.
I made this lot for a Sim with the 'descendant of DaVinci LTW, which is to max the Sculpting, Painting and inventing skills. This lot is starter priced so that a single Sim from CAS can purchase it.
If you'd rather have this building as a community junkyard, it would be easy to rezone it. Use BuyDebug to add junk spawners for salvageable furniture for community use. (I learned in testing that using those spawners on a residential lot spawns junked furniture that cannot be salvaged, so I took the salvage spawners off and just left junk piles)
Lot size 20x20
Custom content used but not included:
(all from MTS)
International Windows- Counter Height
Lack Surfaces (dining table and Jules dining chair)
Discrete Concrete pattern (small and large)
Grass and Weeds
Lot Size: 2x2
Lot Price: 15,688
Number of bedrooms:
Studio: No seperate bedroom
Custom Content Included:
None: No Custom Content included
Starter Furnishings: Lot is furnished similar to how one would expect a real life furnished house or apartment to be
Title: Abandoned Sunshine Gas & Go
Description: Abandoned gas station rezoned as a residenced. Old garage has been converted to a sculpture and invention studio. Old mini-market space is now an officem and the second floor storage area has been converted to a small living space for one Sim.
Abandoned Sunshine Gas & Go.7z
Size: 3.51 MB · Downloads: 879 · 18th Jun 2010
|3.51 MB||879||18th Jun 2010|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
2. Select the .sims3pack file you got from extracting.
3. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
5. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Select the house icon, find the lot in the list, and tick the box next to it. Then press the Install button below the list.
6. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the lot to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
7. Run the game, and find your lot in Edit Town, in the premade lots bin.
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see Game Help:Installing TS3 Packswiki for a full, detailed step-by-step guide!