Sunny Starter [NO CC!]
Inspired (very loosely) by a floorplan I found online, this has to be one of the most complicated starter homes I've ever built. Some of its features include:
1) One bedroom, complete with full bed
2) One full bathroom w/ shower
3) Small laundry room with washing machine
4) Garden filled with perfect plants! (3 each of tomato, lettuce, grape, and apple; plus a "special" surprise ;D)
5) Clothesline out back with a dry load of laundry, ready for that "Clean Clothes" moodlet!
6) All appliances and plumbing fixtures are high-end!
7) All appliances and plumbing fixtures have been upgraded!
Upgrades as followed:
Stove = Better Quality Meals
Television = Boost Channels
Toilet = Self-Cleaning
Bathroom Sink = Self-Cleaning
Shower = Self-Cleaning
Washing Machine = Cleaning Polymer Injection System
Sprinklers (2) = Auto Water
I have play-tested this house extensively, for well over three in-game weeks, and have ironed out all the problems. The one small problem that keeps happening is that, for some reason, the paperboy/girl seems to be obsessed with sticking newspapers as far under the bush to the left of the mailbox as possible ... so if your Sim goes outside and suddenly gets the "Disgusted" moodlet for no apparent reason, move the bush. Chances are a pile of expired newspapers hidden out of sight is the culprit.
Please also note the teeny lot size. This is to keep the house a reasonable "starter" price. With the new Ambitions update that lets us edit our towns, however, it shouldn't be too big of a problem -- if you don't have any 20 x 20 lots existing in your town (and, let's face it, there aren't that many, at least in the Maxis-made towns), just plop a new one down on a relatively flat area of land. There, done!
Lot: 20 x 20
No CC or Store items were used to create this house! Please note, however, that you will need both World Adventures and Ambitions to play the house.
Lot Size: 2x2
Lot Price: 14,614 (furnished)
Title: Sunny Starter
Description: A beautiful country-style home for your Sims just getting started out! Comes complete with full kitchen, bathroom, bedroom with double bed, laundry room, clothesline out back, and full (perfect) garden ready for your Sims' green thumb. Built by Nukapei.
Size: 232.6 KB · Downloads: 1,015 · 9th Jul 2010
|232.6 KB||1,015||9th Jul 2010|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
2. Select the .sims3pack file you got from extracting.
3. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
5. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Select the house icon, find the lot in the list, and tick the box next to it. Then press the Install button below the list.
6. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the lot to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
7. Run the game, and find your lot in Edit Town, in the premade lots bin.
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see Game Help:Installing TS3 Packswiki for a full, detailed step-by-step guide!
About Me & My Policies
I've been a fan of the Sims franchise since the very beginning, especially of how versatile user-created content made it. Sure, the game is awesome, but making stuff for it, seeing your creation in the game, really made the difference.
So, without further ado, my policies:
I do accept requests, but reserve the right to reject them. FYI, I'm always up for a good real estate challenge. :)
Please do use my creations in your own game, to any extent you want. Use it as-is, change it around, add to it, take stuff away, whatever.
Please do recolor and/or otherwise edit my content significantly, and upload it to be downloaded with credit and a link.
Please do not upload any recolors or other edits to the Exchange, or to a pay site. If people are paying to download your stuff, then that means you're good enough to make your own.
And, here's the big one, please, do not, under any circumstances, upload any creation of mine and claim it as your own.
Thanks, and enjoy! :)