Longbourn | The Pride and Prejudice Collection
Uploaded 14th Jun 2011 at 11:09 PM · Updated 14th Jun 2011 at 8:44 PM by ladymumm
The house itself is comfortable, cozy, and friendly, but a bit small for a family of seven. The crowded rooms don't seem to bother the family though. Mr. Bennet retreats to his comfortable study where he reads and conducts his business. Lizzie takes her books ouside into the garden or the surrounding grounds, and her sister Mary retreats into her music, which she practices on the piano in the main hall. The other two spend their time in town trying to attract the attention of the "officers" garrisoned there. Longbourn is nothing lavish, but it has all the comforts of a country cottage. It includes a large hall, five bedrooms, stables, a carriage house, separate servants quarters, and a gardener's cottage.
Longbourn is based on Groombridge Place, which was used as Longbourn in the 2005 production of Pride and Prejudice. I always imagined Longbourn to be a country cottage, covered with ivy and plants growing everywhere, and with a homey, comfortable, yet slightly shabby interior. I tried to be true to the original house as much as possible, but of course I took some artistic liberties, since there wasn't a whole lot of information about the interior organization and decor.
No custom content is included with the download. You'll need to download the following items for the house to look the way it does in the screenshots.
Creeping Ivy by lemoncandy at MTS
Country Windows by HugeLunatic at MTS
Golden Horse Collection by Victor_tor at Prosims
Upright Piano by Sugar-Baby at sims.miXei
See Surf Kitchen Set by Vitasims 3
From the Sims 3 Store:
Weba Yayfoo set (free)
Riverview neighborhood - I used a few items from the stuff that comes with the neighborhood (free)
Gardening set at Around the Sims 3 (fork, leaf grabbing rake, spade, barrow 1, coffe table crates, table 2, small tools 1 and 2, seeds box, seedling plant)
Lot Size: 64x64
Lot Size: 6x6
Lot Price: §270,898
Description: Longbourn is the home of Miss Elizabeth Bennet, her parents, and her four sisters. The house is comfortable, if a bit small for a family of seven, and while it is not lavish, it still includes a large hall, five bedrooms, stables, separate servants quarters, and a gardener's cottage.
Size: 4.26 MB · Downloads: 13,080 · 14th Jun 2011
|4.26 MB||13,080||14th Jun 2011|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
2. Select the .sims3pack file you got from extracting.
3. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
5. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Select the house icon, find the lot in the list, and tick the box next to it. Then press the Install button below the list.
6. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the lot to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
7. Run the game, and find your lot in Edit Town, in the premade lots bin.
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see Game Help:Installing TS3 Packswiki for a full, detailed step-by-step guide!