Colorful Pictures Pack - 78 variations
Uploaded 19th Apr 2014 at 4:19 PM · Updated 21st Apr 2014 at 8:49 PM by Lamare : added separate files
These are recolors of game objects - compositions are from base game and the other two from University life - so they have the same polygon counts as the original EA objects.
|Object name||price||category||number of variations||recolourable channels||file format|
|Colorful Square Paintings||100||decor - paintings and posters||50||1 - frame||package & sims3pack|
|Colorful Horizontal Pics||200||decor - paintings and posters||14 + 1||1 - back side (or entire surface in recolorable variation)||package & sims3pack|
|Colorful Pic Compositions||300||decor - paintings and posters||14||2 - frame and mat||package & sims3pack|
See attached pictures to get the idea.
Although 2 of 3 objects were cloned from University life, I've made my recolors base game compatible. Built with patch 1.66, should work fine if you have the same or higher. Also tested on patch 1.63 by my friends and seem to work fine too. Unfortunately, can't guarantee anything about earlier patches, the sims 3 is tricky in this matter.
No need in "moveobjects"
Easy placing close to other decor or lightings, ignoring stairs and fence (which is never really interferes) without cheats. Because it's annoying sometimes how the game reacts on a painting under a balustrade, for example. Though use consideration and keep the distance reasonable
Horizontal painting has fully recolorable variation. Find plaid preset and apply any desired pattern to it to make your own painting.
Known weirdness about it. Since I just took off an overlay (top layer) of painting to let you to recolor it in Create-A-Style, you may notice that pattern will cover not only front but all the object including back side (normally back side is something like wood or paper). Not quite an issue, because nobody sees back side when painting is hanging on a wall, but I thought I'd say.
Here's the list of original patterns.
Pattern - autors
Eloraelle clad - dhzuehlke & eighteyed
Got the Look - albenaj & ColorServe
Post modern mess - boredchem & Colorpie Patterns
Modern art - lenazap & Any Palacios
Sundown city - Architela
Cool cats - cameo & hiver
Gold leaf - katkasia & ycc2106
Lazy together - _stefan
Morning glory - Kinga & eighteyed
Scribble Squares - Weirdy
We Spin The Sunshine - Luna Rosa & incal
World Is Too Much - sunmeadow & ycc2106
Drippin_Fire - Sesora79 & Cthikergirl
Plaid_River - praxicalidocious
Wheel in the sky - cameo & sunmeadow
Volutas Dazzlement - xelda45 & dazzlement
Vessel pendant - MichaelEdgerley & Any Palacios
Versus - esme.cn & dazzlement
Urban Rainbow - Luna Rosa & praxicalidocious
Threads of life - sandradumit & mcmp
The Impossible Rose - Strawberry House
The City In May - mangowasabi & ColorServe
The Cheese sees you - Nim_design & ycc2106
Teenage dream - sugary & dazzlement
T Cooper Floral 266 - Holyartist & Any Palacios
Sunrise - yours_saawan
Sunny Side Up - albenaj & yoksel
Sunday Ghosts - Quirinya & yroggreggory
Strobe lights - lvlypanda & ArrayOfLilly
Some Sun - iambu & about_jade
Slow Down A Little - huege & ycc2106
Shanghai Dress - Gabrielle Marie
Seed Spreads - crispysage & praxicalidocious
Retro-esque - rafferty & sunmeadow
Pwahahaha - ycc2106
Patriotic - azmar & atriarief
Orangeee - ultimate & hcorleybarto
Old Fashioned Love - praxicalidocious
Obsessed Again - dss358 & ycc2106
Nightspell - albenaj & Anomalin
Mystery Machine - candycrack
Marry me - Any Palacios
Joyeux - j1jewels & Any Palacios
Japanese art 1 - Tzadkiel & Northern Dancer
It's tea time! - yncolor & incal
I need a lot of rum! - Northern Dancer
Heart of My Heart - cricketswool & ambu1959
Halloween - mahsa & magg
Habitat - incal
Grrrls - missmaples
Fold world - HeringDevotee & Anomalin
Flower DroPs - MaRwA El-AttAr & anonymuse
Easter Bear - Orso & jjolimie
Earthy flowers - Paisleypanda & o2bqueen
Dunas - esme.cn & praxicalidocious
Digital Art - phoenix1 & Cenedrae
Coconuts - Capricciosa & MichaelEdgerley
Christmas Puzzle - albenaj & dazzlement
Chiron8_clad 2 - mlevi & sherrydee846
Chiron [clad] 4 - shall314 & LaurieHasler
Cest pour toi! - BeledjerafFifi & ArrayOfLilly
Business as Usual - gertrudecrzybob & ColorServe
Beauty blossom - Any Palacios
Artist Fae - jess3110 & ycc2106
Aofn Easter Bunny - MistyAamen & mobooksnart
Anys Dharma - fullereno_c60 & mcmp
Creators of TSR Workshop, Photoshop, PhotoScape. MTS for hosting my creations. Special thanks to Dara_Savelly for testing, advice and moral support in "why-don't-that-stupid-icons-work" moments. Ameowls - for testing.
Colorful_Horizontal_Pics.rar: Archive contains one or more files that are added twice (once in .package form and once in SimsPack form) (error 105)
Colorful_Pic_Compositions.rar: Archive contains one or more files that are added twice (once in .package form and once in SimsPack form) (error 105)
Colorful_Square_Pics.rar: Archive contains one or more files that are added twice (once in .package form and once in SimsPack form) (error 105)
This download has specific instructions!
For the whole set download "Colorful_Pictures_Pack.rar". If you want only one or two objects, download separate files for them by names.
| only Square pics
Size: 2.74 MB · Downloads: 2,399 · 19th Apr 2014
|2.74 MB||2,399||19th Apr 2014|
| only Compositions
Size: 591.5 KB · Downloads: 2,401 · 19th Apr 2014
|591.5 KB||2,401||19th Apr 2014|
| only Horizontal pics
Size: 2.26 MB · Downloads: 2,854 · 19th Apr 2014
|2.26 MB||2,854||19th Apr 2014|
| ALL 3 objects
Size: 5.38 MB · Downloads: 11,298 · 19th Apr 2014
|5.38 MB||11,298||19th Apr 2014|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see:
Latest updated mods:
- YA Job Panel Revealer now shows hints in menu option
- YA-work-wants-fears-Better - fixed a recent mistake that might have prevented YAs from wanting to get a non-specific job
- Electric box: computer's interactions won't get disabled for no reason, and the power/phone outages should be less often
- Maternity set: Uni-school-bus+privateschoolbillfix and fixed non-english text strings in YA-move-out-of-college
- Job options: career-types-mutually-satisfy-wants and three updates
- Updated Uni-aging to include pets
- Sofa/Chair Bed: non-autonomous versions
Mods in progress. These mods work, but might be unfinished.
- Music Preferences Mod: Favorite Radio Stations, Stereo Ownership, Dancing Autonomy
- Toddlers: outings and restaurants
- Electrical box, power generator and more
- Marriage for students (cluttered and confusing thread)
- Moving out mod
Policy: for personal use and for science.
Don't include my stuff with lots, because it's all hacks and mods. Exception: sims 3 paintings.
When in doubt, ask me.