nlo File Replacer
Uploaded 11th Nov 2014 at 1:05 AM · Updated 26th Mar 2020 at 1:20 PM by HugeLunatic
Since I've installed UC it seems as though every time I start the game Origin thinks my game needs to be repaired. Repairing the game files made my .nlo files revert to the original. I'm tired of manually copy/pasting my edited .nlo files, so I created a program that will replace the game .nlo files with the editing ones included in the folders.
What are .nlo files
.nlo files define lighting, colors, intensity, etc for game lights. You can alter the light type (amber, softwhite, fire, etc), intensity (brightness)
The programs folder contains subfolders for all the game .nlo files, as well as some Lighting.txt files. Each of these have had some tweaks, mostly changing the glow color for lights (see sample pics) so that the rooms light in white and not the color of the light texture.
Simply double click the shortcut for LightingFixes and all of the games .nlo files will be replaced with the included tweaked versions.
Edit the .nlo files in the programs folder, or replace with others that you have downloaded. Then run the LightingFixes shortcut.
I've included a back up of all Maxis Lights, but these don't auto install with my program. You have to do that part manually.
If you choose to not use any of the .nlo files, simply disable them by changing the name of the file. (ie: EP8Lights.bkp)
plasticbox - More Sensible Lights
No metadata could be extracted from this file
Size: 215.4 KB · Downloads: 467 · 26th Mar 2020
|215.4 KB||467||26th Mar 2020|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
[size=4]Thanks for visiting! Enjoy my content responsibly. POLICY [/size]
Sims2Artists | GoS | tumblr
---- CEP-Extras List ----
Life Stories | EA Sims 2 Store Items | EA Pre-Order Incentives | Pet Stories | Castaway Stories
Maxis Match | IKEA Extras | Holy Simoly Add-ons | Overrides and Defaults
4esf Archive | Holy Simoly Archive
[color=dimgray]If you enjoy the content on s2a or GoS, consider donating to support hosting costs.[/color]