Magazine-Newspaper Put Away Fix
Updated: 17th Dec 2020 at 4:57 PM - UPDATE 3
- Sims will no longer consider putting newspapers or magazines on counters.
- If the newspaper or magazine happens to be within an individual apartment suite, then sims will only consider putting them on a surface which happens to be within the same apartment suite.
- The mod now affects the newspaper, and sims will put newspapers down properly when the player cancels the sim's interaction.
- Sims can now put newspapers and magazines on a surface which is in a different room.
- If the sim is reading the magazine outside, after they are finished reading or if you cancel the interaction, they will try to put it on the closest available surface inside. This is how it already worked before this update.
- If the sim is reading the magazine inside, after they are finished reading or if you cancel the interaction, they will try to put it on the closest available surface in the same room. If there are no available surfaces in the same room, they will put it on the ground.
In an unmodded game, when a sim is finished reading a magazine, they put the magazine on a proper surface such as an end table or coffee table. But, if the player cancels the Read interaction, they always put it on the ground. This mod makes them put the magazine away properly even when the player cancels the interaction.
You need the latest version of or to open this file.
Resources: Magazine - Put Magazine Away/0x7F20C1E4/0x00002008
Object Mods: Object Interaction Mods (things that change how sims interact with objects or their environment, like "Multi-owner door" or "sunbathe anywhere")
Global Mods: Mods that change the way the game works without requiring any user intervention.
Size: 829 Bytes · Downloads: 1,734 · 17th Dec 2020
|829 Bytes||1,734||17th Dec 2020|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
You can now support me on my ko-fi page if you like my mods.
My Policy: You can modify my mods or make alternative versions of my mods, and release them on any non-pay website you like. Keep in mind that I tend to update my mods quite often. If you make a mod that depends on one of my mods, and if I update that mod, you may need to update your own mod, too. You can keep track of my updates by subscribing to the mod in question, then ModTheSims will notify you when a new update is available.