Vending Machine Fix
Updated: 14th May 2021 at 10:57 AM
- The game only allows unselectable sims to autonomously buy from vending machines. Note that I am talking about the Buy interaction. There is a separate Purchase interaction for when the vending machine is set for sale (OFB), and there is nothing wrong with Purchase. However, because the game only allows unselectable sims to buy from the vending machine, this rule excludes Apartment Life roommates, who are considered to be selectable, because they are. This is why if you have a roommate and some vending machines on an apartment lot, the roommate will constantly Browse the vending machine, but will not be able to buy anything, and their Hunger will get really low, and finally they will leave the lot to increase their needs (Run Errands). This is now fixed, and roommates can freely buy from vending machines.
- Maxis set the instance number of the "CT- Set to Empty" BHAV on the drink vending machine to 100B, but they should've set it to 100A, which is what the semi-global uses. This is why the drink vending machine throws errors whenever the game attempts to set the Out of Stock state. This would only happen on OFB lots, but now it is fixed as well.
UPDATE 1: Vacation pals will also be allowed to purchase from the vending machines now, as they were prevented by the game because they are technically selectable. In addition, sims are now prevented from initiating the non-OFB Browse and Buy interactions towards any vending machine if the vending machine is currently in use. I realized that Maxis forgot to add these checks which results in sims constantly trying to browse or buy and fail the interaction which then causes stuttering and lag. I made it so that sims use Maxis' "In Use Smart Check" code, which only prevents sims from autonomously initiating these interactions if they are sufficiently close to the object, and can see that the object cannot be interacted with.
You need the latest version of or to get this mod.
Requirements: Apartment Life.
Interaction - Buy - Vending Machine - TEST/0x7FE10572/0x0000208F
CT - Set to Empty/0x7F7BB086/0x0000100B (changed to 0x0000100A)
Fixed: Fixed Maxis Mistakes
Object Mods: Object Interaction Mods (things that change how sims interact with objects or their environment, like "Multi-owner door" or "sunbathe anywhere")
Global Mods: Mods that change the way the game works without requiring any user intervention.
Size: 529 Bytes · Downloads: 4,562 · 14th May 2021
|529 Bytes||4,562||14th May 2021|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
You can now support me on my ko-fi page if you like my mods.
My Policy: You can modify my mods or make alternative versions of my mods, and release them on any non-pay website you like. Keep in mind that I tend to update my mods quite often. If you make a mod that depends on one of my mods, and if I update that mod, you may need to update your own mod, too. You can keep track of my updates by subscribing to the mod in question, then ModTheSims will notify you when a new update is available.