*5th UPDATE* A lightswitch (It can an turn lights on and off)
Updated: 22nd Oct 2008 at 1:29 PM by -Maylin-
*update 4* There was an issue with the pie menu conflicting with earlier versions of the game. That has been corrected. It should no longer cause a crash on the original Sims 2. Sorry to anyone that that glitch troubled.
*update 3* This is probably my last update unless people report issues w/ the switch. I removed the pie menu items that were not aplicable to the switch. It now turns off the lights and turns on the lights for whatever room it is in. Thanks to Worship4ever for your support, and thanks to Echo for the awsome tutorial. Please check out their great work if you haven't already.
*update 2* I fixed the blank thumbnail for this object. I still plan to correct the pie menu, so please check back here for update 3.
*update 1* I had neglected to change the GUID which lead to this object replacing the object it was cloned from. That is fixed. Just replace the first file with this one.
I've finished my light switch...well, relatively speeking. You can operate the lights in the room with this switch. The switch has no animations yet. Other than that, this object is done. You will find this item under wall lights. For those of you who downloaded my outlet, I have updated it to correct some minor issues, so please get the updated outlet if you liked the first one I posted.
Please do not repost or recolor this object without my permission.
I hope you guys like it. Let me know if there are issues with it.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Description: This is the definitive lightswitch that will be compatable with the games. With this switch, your sim can have that added touch of realism and you can turn lights on and off with it in whatever room it is in.
* The following information shares where to find it in buy-mode, any buffs/moodlets they get from it and what it can be used for!
Size: 24.0 KB · Downloads: 18,191 · 30th Nov 2006
|24.0 KB||18,191||30th Nov 2006|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
You may not change the mesh in anyway with my creations.
Do not bother requesting objects that go against Christian core beliefs, such as pagan objects. I won't even concider such requests.
And...seriously, before you post something stupid like "You can get the same thing in Appartment Life expansion" look at the dates I posted these. It's irritating to read when they hadn't even started programing that expansion pack when I created the object that would later be represented by a similar object.