Less Formal Buffet Tables - NEW MESHES - Picnic, Bar, and Cheap Folding styles: Now Pets Patch Compatible
Updated: 18th Oct 2011 at 5:13 PM - Fixing content for new patch
Sick of looking at that same yellow and white skirted formal buffet table, I made some alternate styles. Let's face it, who lays out a formal table like that for every house party?! I thought some more down-to-earth options was necessary for those laid back get-togethers. I offer you the following 3 new meshes.
Picnic Table Buffet
Cheap Folding Table Buffet
at only 100 simoleons each!
These work just like the regular buffet table. I had a heck of a time get them to fit the textures, dimensions, groups, and all that nonsense of the standard buffet table, so I hope you enjoy them!
These are base game compatible, and I have all current patches applied to my game so I don’t know if they are needed but it’s possible.
All pieces have 2 recolorable channels as shown in the example below along with a couple examples of CAS patterns applied to the mesh to show tiling.
I separated them into 3 packages in case you didn't want all 3 of them. Feel free to split them up as you like or download them all.
Feel free to recolor, retexture, or anything you like. Just please credit me for the meshes.
Folding Table: 342
Picnic Table: 430
* Milkshape 3D 1.8.5
* TSR Workshop
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
|Filename||Bar style buffet table_lhawk07.package (inside Bar style buffet table_lhawk07.rar)|
|Filename||Cheap folding table buffet.package (inside Cheap folding table buffet.rar)|
|Filename||Less formal picnic table buffet.package (inside Less formal picnic table buffet.rar)|
Less formal picnic table buffet.rar
Size: 82.4 KB · Downloads: 13,850 · 18th Oct 2011
|82.4 KB||13,850||18th Oct 2011|
Cheap folding table buffet.rar
Size: 174.1 KB · Downloads: 13,559 · 18th Oct 2011
|174.1 KB||13,559||18th Oct 2011|
Bar style buffet table_lhawk07.rar
Size: 941.4 KB · Downloads: 20,484 · 18th Oct 2011
|941.4 KB||20,484||18th Oct 2011|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see: