The Sims 2 Opportunity Pack Lady on Red Tapestry
Updated: 26th Sep 2016 at 4:20 AM - Minor change in text.
1) To provide high end end wall decor that builds skill, interest and enthusiasm at a continuous and significant rate.
2) To provide an alternatively sized single tile basegame compatible wall hanging, slaved to both the Lady on Red portrait and the Fourth Element tapestry.
3) To provide a selection of appropriate recolours.
With an aspect ratio of 0.75, the basegame Lady on Red (Bella) portrait is a very useful and popular size. However, it is not particularly appropriate for pre-modern scenarios, even when used with a wood coloured frame. This project enables the many available Lady on Red recolours to be incorporated into tapestries.
This height adjustable handicraft is slaved to both the Lady on Red portrait and the Fourth Element tapestry: any Lady on Red recolour can be fused with the borders and supported by the hanging materials of a Fourth Element texture. Viewing this tapestry will significantly boost Creativity skill as well as increasing Fun and FreeTime Arts & Crafts enthusiasm. Serious Sims and Sims who talk about the tapestry together will also develop an interest in Culture.
With typical viewable objects, Sims will admire them only until their Fun motive is satisfied - or even before that. In contrast this tapestry will engage Sims until their needs are depleted, like purely skill building objects. In recognition of this more significant potential for skilling, I have catalogued the Lady on Red Tapestry in Hobbies/Knowledge at a cost of §3000, like the Opportunity Pack Collector's Editions, which have a similar function.
Balanant: Seven Deadly Sins, Bestiary Perindens Tree, Bestiary Wolf, Der Edelstein 1461, Kells Christ Enthroned, Kells John Folio 309r, Kells John Beginning, Kells Luke Breves Causae, Madonna of the Book 1480, Madonna on a Crescent Moon 15th Century, Nuremberg Chronicle: Constantinople, Saint Catherine 16th Century
Autonomous viewing of decorative objects can be annoying, so Sims will not autonomously view or critique the Lady on Red Tapestry unless a player directs a Sim to do so. However, once you ask a Sim to View or Critique this object, it may then be viewed autonomously by any other Sim on the lot. If no Sim uses the tapestry for 30 to 36 game hours, it will no longer be usable autonomously. Alternately, the Reset Autonomy button can be used to disable autonomous viewing or critiquing at any time.
For very serious Sims - those with a Playful score of one or less - the "Critique" option will appear instead of "View". If the object is viewed or critiqued enough an "Easter egg" will be revealed.
Because Sims will continue to use this object until a significant loss of motives, rather than flitting from one object to another as with a standard Viewable object, the Lady on Red Tapesty does not support the "View Many" feature.
You may include any items from this set in uploaded lots, whether for free or pay. It is nice but not necessary to provide a credit and link to this page.
GIMP 2 and Microsoft Paint for graphics editing, file conversion, processing, sizing and titling
Jfade's Compressorizer for minimizing file size
Milkshape 3D and UV Mapper Professional for 3D modeling and mapping
Numenor's AnyGameStarter, used for testing this project in several game environments
SimPE, PJSE, and CEP for Sims 2 object creation
StephSim's Gwrych lots provide a realistic medieval ambiance
Wikipedia in English and French for the 12 Lady on Red source images
Opportunity Pack Lady on Red Tapestry: 488 faces, 529 vertices
Antique: Antique or Historical
Fantasy: Fantasy styled things
Living: Living Room
Dining: Dining Room
AddOn: Maxis Add-Ons (like an armchair that matches a Maxis couch)
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Description: This height adjustable handicraft is slaved to both the Lady on Red portrait and the Fourth Element tapestry: any Lady on Red recolour can be fused with the borders and supported by the hanging materials of a Fourth Element texture. Viewing this tapestry will significantly boost Creativity skill as well as increasing Fun and FreeTime Arts & Crafts enthusiasm. Serious Sims and Sims who talk about the tapestry together will also develop an interest in Culture. Skill building basegame decor by Sophie-David at MTS, 2015.
* The following information shares where to find it in buy-mode, any buffs/moodlets they get from it and what it can be used for!
| The Sims 2 Opportunity Pack Lady on Red Tapestry
Size: 1.03 MB · Downloads: 1,221 · 30th Oct 2015
|1.03 MB||1,221||30th Oct 2015|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
The creator also recommends the following uploads:
The Fourth Element tapestry recolours featured in the thread are from The Sims 2 Opportunity Pack Lectern & Accessories
Similar cultural and historical skill building objects can be found in the Opportunity Pack Collector's Editions and The Sims 2 Opportunity Pack Reference Section: Books & Notes
If you want the usage of the Lady on Red Tapestry to be completely automomous, install the Autonomous View Controller
I suggest using Pescado's Community Lot Skilling and Enthusiasm patch so that these and all other skill building objects are fully functional on all lots.