MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Fingerprint Scanner Mod (Law Enforcement Career Reward)

by simler90 Posted 12th Oct 2019 at 3:18 PM - Updated 5th Sep 2020 at 1:37 PM by simler90 : UPDATE 1
138 Thanks  Thanks     18 Favourited
UPDATE 1: I found out that if a sim scans an object that is normally usable by another sim, then the game properly will show the fingerprint of the sim who truly last used that object. However, if a sim scans an object that is not really usable by another sim, then the game randomly chooses a sim in your game and assigns them as the last user of that object. The problem is that if the item is not usable, the sim that was randomly assigned as that object's last user will forever remain as the last user of the object, and your sim will always find the same fingerprint. This update fixes this problem, and makes it so that whenever a sim scans an object, there is a 90% chance that the sim will find the fingerprint of the last user, and 10% chance the game will randomize the fingerprint or remove the fingerprint. This is a perfect solution to this issue. In addition, this update heavily improves the way the game randomizes the fingerprint, so that the fingerprints sims find will be more believable.


This mod makes it so that sims now increase their Science enthusiasm while using the Law Enforcement career reward Fingerprint Scanner. In an unmodded game, sims always drop the scanner on the ground, and this mod makes it so that sims will now put the scanner down on a proper surface. Additionally, the way the game determines whose fingerprint the sim finds does not make much sense, and this mod adds more sense into how the game determines whose fingerprint the sim finds.

You need the latest version of 7zip or WinRAR to get this mod.

Requirements: Apartment Life.

CT - Reach - Drop/0x7F0C6A42/0x00001020
CT - Active Hobby Interaction/0x7F0C6A42/0x00001006
Scan - Results - Has Print?/0x7F7A8450/0x00002015
Gun - Drop/0x7F7A8450/0x00002000
Interaction - Scan/0x7F7A8450/0x00002002

Download files

Filename Size Downloads Date

Size: 1.2 KB · Downloads: 1,672 · 5th Sep 2020
1.2 KB 1,672 5th Sep 2020

Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents

Need help with downloading or installing content? Click here!
7 Comments / Replies (Who?)

Expansion/Stuff packs required:
Sims 2 Apartment Life

7 Comments / replies (Who?)



Type: Object Mods Global Mods Skilling

Tags: #Fingerprint, #Scanner, #Law, #Enforcement, #Career, #Reward, #Cleaning, #Skill, #Science, #Enthusiasm, #Object, #Glitch, #Fix