Backdoor Lane 18 [NL+OfB] -- Hotel Ampersand (with restaurant/bar)
Uploaded 10th Feb 2007 at 2:02 AM · Updated 13th Jan 2015 at 5:24 AM by plasticbox
Lot Size: 2x2
Furnished: Yes -- fully
Tested: Yes -- one extended visit in comm lot mode with no hacks installed
Nightlife and OfB required.
No custom content.
For sims that are sick of living in the suburbs, Backdoor Lane provides an alternative: a couple of small town lots with a more urban look and feel. They fit together like a jigsaw puzzle, creating a maze of backyard gardens and interconnected alleyways when placed in a tightly spaced neigbourhood. Most of them work as corner lots as well as facing the street, creating a very different impression depending on how you place them and what's on the lot next door.
Backdoor Lane 18
is a small, stuffy, oldfashioned little hotel with four rooms and a restaurant with garden terrace. Just like its namesake, it has a long and probably somewhat convoluted history; as a result, the rooms are all different as the various owners kept redecorating and adding little bits here and there.
Downstairs is a reception/lobby with bar, the restaurant, restrooms, and a shower for the guests that don't have one in their room (as well as for the staff if you want to run this as an owned business -- in that case, I'd cut away another tiny shower room from the kitchen just to be safe). The backyard has a garden terrace with additional restaurant tables, as well as a small sitting area.
Upstairs is another a sitting area, decorated with photos of all the celebrities that have stayed here before, that leads to the rooms. The Ampersand has two single and two double rooms, one each overlooking the garden and the other two looking out on the street. Two of the rooms have a shower and toilet, one a half bath, and one a small "washing cabinet" (sink only).
OfB Sleep on Community Lots, by Echo
OfB Community Lot Sleeping, by Squinge
(Any issues/questions about these, please post where you got them from)
This should work as a residential lot as well if your sim lives in the hotel permanently and/or runs it at the same time -- then you'll probably have to redo the garden a bit (I don't think all of the plants are trimmable/waterable as is, which for a community lot doesn't matter).
Backdoor Lane 17 coming soon, in case you're wondering =).
- Street view
- Backside / Lot Overview
- Floorplan, ground floor
- Floorplan, top floor
- Overview, top floor
- Interior, detail x 4 (two of the rooms, upstairs lobby, reception)
- Exterior, detail (garden at night)
- Exterior, detail (garden, daytime)
This collection (frillen) as well as this one (loba) and that one (windkeeper), the mini lots by Andi8104 and the ones based thereupon (MaryLou) have been very useful in making the Backdoor Lane neighbourhood. Thanks for making them available.
Please don't PM me with neighbourhood terrain requests (look in the Neighbourhoods section instead), downloading issues (I can't help you -- look in Site Issues, Q-XPress forums etc), or Build Mode questions (general questions go here, lot specific questions in the d/l thread). Thanks.
|Filename||lotSegmentForUpload.sims (inside pbox_BackdoorLane_18.Sims2Pack)|
|Title||Backdoor Lane 18 - Hotel &|
|Description||Hotel Ampersand: an oldfashioned, stuffy little place|
Base Price: 1600|
Sellable Price: 95375
Keepable Price: 13484
Architecture Price: 22655
Furnished Price: 128583
|Size||2w x 2h|
|Open for Business|
Size: 1.18 MB · Downloads: 9,300 · 1st Apr 2007
|1.18 MB||9,300||1st Apr 2007|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Install: Double-click on the .sims2pack file to install its contents to your game. The files will automatically be installed to the proper location(s).
- You may want to use the Sims2Pack Clean Installer Official Site. instead of the game's installer, which will let you install sims and pets which may otherwise give errors about needing expansion packs. It also lets you choose what included content to install. Do NOT use to get around this error with lots and houses as that can cause your game to crash when attempting to use that lot. Get here:
Sharing and recycling:
– Feel free to recycle, you don’t need to ask.
– For the attribution, please link to the upload you’re using wherever possible (instead of my profile). This is particularly important with edits made for/with different games or game versions.
– If you use my stuff in something you make, please upload the result to a free, accessible, noncommercial site with no more restrictions than these. Code must remain open source; meshes and other material must remain re-usable.
Please do not redistribute any unmodified files – link to the upload post instead.