Backdoor Lane 53 -- City House
Updated: 20th Sep 2008 at 5:47 AM
Custom content: frillen's Invisible Driveway is included as a separate file -- put in your Downloads folder before playing this lot. Also, stairs by crocobaura included; see the stairs thread for instructions on how to install them. This lot will work fine if you don't, you only won't be able to use them in other lots since they won't show up in the catalogue (which is what the installation procedure is for).
For sims that are sick of living in the suburbs, Backdoor Lane provides an alternative: a couple of small town lots with a more urban look and feel. They fit together like a jigsaw puzzle, creating a maze of backyard gardens and interconnected alleyways when placed in a tightly spaced neigbourhood. Most of them work as corner lots as well as facing the street, creating a very different impression depending on how you place them and what's on the lot next door.
Backdoor Lane 53:
City house with small garden and balcony on a 1x3 lot, furnished for 1-2 sims with three spare (bed)rooms. Kitchen/dining, bathroom and a study corner on the ground floor, two unfurnished rooms and living area upstairs, two bedrooms and another bathroom on the top floor. Two driveways in the backyard, cars included.
1 x double bedroom
3 x single bedroom (empty)
3 x bathroom
1 x kitchen/dining/living
1 x living room
All basics included, with a stove, dresser, and espresso machine on top. The space to the left and right of the house is blocked on purpose, to avoid sims getting stuck in there (it's only one tile wide, not two, since the lot is shrunk) -- but this is just a precaution, I haven't had any sims actually getting stuck in my own game.
This lot has been shrunk with LotAdjuster 22.214.171.124. See here for more information:
Discussion: Lot Size, Orientation, Rotation, etc. -- Research thread @ mts2; the first post has lots of relevant pointers
LotAdjuster download thread
Lot Size: 1x3
Lot Price: 54.668§
Custom Content Included:
- Steadfast Stairs Open Underneath by crocobaura
Number of bedrooms:
Custom Content Included:
Build content only: only Walls, floors, terrain paint, fences, stairs, windows, doors, etc.
Starter Furnishings: Lot is furnished similar to how one would expect a real life furnished house or apartment to be
|Open for Business|
Size: 1.14 MB · Downloads: 9,985 · 28th Jun 2008
|1.14 MB||9,985||28th Jun 2008|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Install: Double-click on the .sims2pack file to install its contents to your game. The files will automatically be installed to the proper location(s).
- You may want to use the Sims2Pack Clean Installer Official Site. instead of the game's installer, which will let you install sims and pets which may otherwise give errors about needing expansion packs. It also lets you choose what included content to install. Do NOT use to get around this error with lots and houses as that can cause your game to crash when attempting to use that lot. Get here:
Sharing and recycling:
– Feel free to recycle, you don’t need to ask.
– For the attribution, please link to the upload you’re using wherever possible (instead of my profile). This is particularly important with edits made for/with different games or game versions.
– If you use my stuff in something you make, please upload the result to a free, accessible, noncommercial site with no more restrictions than these. Code must remain open source; meshes and other material must remain re-usable.
Please do not redistribute any unmodified files – link to the upload post instead.